Excel VBA Introduction
- By the end of the course the delegate will be competent in the fundamentals of VBA, including recording macros, working with the Visual Basic Editor and writing their own code.
- In order to ensure minimal downtime while building and rolling out the program, the course also includes advice on debugging code and handling errors.
What to expect
- 24 months post training support included.
- Tailored and bespoke programme options.
- Our experienced training and logistics team in the last 22 years have assisted 182,128 people.
- Over 13,891 organisations trained.
- We are rated 'Excellent' on Trustpilot and 98.9% of our customers recommend us.
- Delivery UK wide and international (75+ countries delivered).
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for advanced users of Microsoft Excel. If they are responsible for very large and variable amounts of data, or teams, who need to learn how to program features and functions to develop the accessibility and usability of their data.
Training Course Content
Introducing Visual Basic for ApplicationsWhy use VBA?
Recording and running macros
Absolute v relative cell selection
Working with the Visual Basic Editor
Creating your own codeUnderstanding and creating modules
Where to store macros
Making decisions in codeUsing logical comparisons
The IF...ENDIF structure
The SELECT CASE...END SELECT structure
When to use IF v SELECT CASE
Repeating code with loopsThe DO... LOOP structure
The FOR... NEXT structure
The FOR EACH... NEXT structure
How to debug problems with loops
Debugging errorsDefining errors
Setting breakpoints to pause execution
How to step through code
Working with break mode to spot errors
Identifying the value of expressions
Understanding Visual BasicWhat is an Object?
Examining the Excel object hierarchy
Using the object browser
How to explore methods and properties
Getting help in VBA
Prices on application. Contact us for quote.
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Helping businesses improve performance with proven learning and development solutions. London-based with a global reach. STL seek to provide an unrivalled value and quality service, enabled by our strong working culture. Our 500+ courses deliver learning solutions across leadership and...