- Understand the aims of appraisal and performance management. Identify the relationship between appraisal, performance, development and organisational effectiveness. Prepare and conduct effective appraisals. Set SMART objectives.
What to expect
- 24 months post training support included.
- Tailored and bespoke programme options.
- Our experienced training and logistics team in the last 22 years have assisted 182,128 people.
- Over 13,891 organisations trained.
- We are rated 'Excellent' on Trustpilot and 98.9% of our customers recommend us.
- Delivery UK wide and international (75+ countries delivered).
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is for those who conduct formal performance appraisal reviews with their staff.
Training Course Content
Purpose and Benefits of the Staff AppraisalStaff appraisal used effectively as a management tool
Appraisal pitfalls - why they don't always work
Job ReviewKey results areas
Employee's perception of their role
Encouraging employees to prepare for their review
Preparation for Staff AppraisalJob description as a yardstick for performance assessment
Establishing 'Ideal Aims' vs 'Acceptable Standards' of performance
Assessing employee performance
The Appraisal InterviewFollowing a structure
Making praise genuine
Making criticism constructive
Handling disciplinary issues assertively
Encouraging employee participation
Getting employee commitment to improve
Managing challenging employees
Keeping a record
Setting TargetsAgreeing meaningful targets and objectives
Establishing deadlines and standards
Sticking to targets - reviews, follow-ups, moving goalposts
Assessing training and development needs
Addressing Common ProblemsApathetic employess who won’t join in
Defensive employees who won’t accept criticism
Appraisal and pay
Common disciplinary situations in appraisal
The high flyer to whom we have little to offer
Prices on application. Contact us for quote.
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Reviews by course attendees
Average rating 5
I have to say I really enjoyed the course; more than I thought I would. There were so many helpful hints that I will implement going forward. I thought the content was pitched a...
Thank you! I really enjoyed the training; Gregory was engaging and the session was interactive. On a side note he also made me reflect on the role I used to do and the areas I m...
Helping businesses improve performance with proven learning and development solutions. London-based with a global reach. STL seek to provide an unrivalled value and quality service, enabled by our strong working culture. Our 500+ courses deliver learning solutions across leadership and...