The Child Psychology Essentials course is designed for individuals who want to take that first step toward having a career as a Child Psychologist. The course explores child development and child protection. It is suitable for people in childcare and development if they want to enhance their skills and knowledge in this area.
The Child Psychology Essentials course is comprehensive and will cover environmental and social cultural factors, family and schooling and cognitive and development psychology. It is an enriching and rewarding career to have, to be able to dedicate your life to the health and development of children, knowing that you are making a difference in their day to day lives.
The course also delves deep into child behavioural patterns, parenting styles, how children build relationships, understanding development theories and also gain an understanding of newborn babies, the attachment factor and how society and culture play a significant role in their growth and development.
Suitability - Who should attend?
- You must be over the age of 16 and have a basic understanding of Maths, English and ICT
- The course is for individuals with an interest in child psychology
- Individuals who have basic background in childcare will find this course highly useful
- The course is also suitable for social workers, educators and childcarers who want to enhance their knowledge and skill in child psychology
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Those who successfully complete the exam will be awarded a certificate in Child Psychology Essentials.
Training Course Content
2: Child Psychology - applied
3: Child Psychology - Theoretical approach
4: Environment and Socio-cultural Factors in Development
5: Family & Schooling Factors in Development
6: Cognitive and Emotional Development
Qualification Title: Certificate in Child Psychology Essentials
Qualification Type: Level 2 Certificate
Accreditation Status: Accredited by CPD and iAP
Course Duration: Self-paced (module availability: 365 days)
Guided Learning Hours: 03
- Learn about parenting styles and how to identify them in others
- The different types of schooling and what schooling means to children
- Learn how children are affected by separation and divorce
- How counselling can help children in their development
- The ability to understand cognitive and developmental psychology
- Written and designed by the industry’s finest expert instructors with over 15 years experience
- Repeat and rewind all your lectures and enjoy a personalised learning experience
- Gain access to quality video tutorials
- Unlimited 12 months access from anywhere, anytime
- Support by email, phone and live chat
- Save time and money on travel
- Learn at your convenience and leisure
- Quizzes, tests mock exams, practice exams to ensure you are 100% ready
- Eligible for a NUS discount card
You have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at anytime.
Method of Assessment
At the end of the course you will be required to take a multiple choice question assessment test. The multiple choice question assessment will be automatically marked with learners receiving an instant grade.
The Child Psychology Essentials Certificate will be accredited by CPD & iAP. This internationally recognised qualification will make your CV standout and encourage employers to see your motivation at expanding your skills and knowledge in a field you are passionate about.
Progression and Career Path
Once you successfully complete Introduction to Child Psychology you will be qualified to work in the following positions. The qualification will also put you in line to demand a higher salary or job promotion.
- Social Worker
- Childcare Worker
- Early Childhood Educator
Study 365 is a leading vocational and professional accredited course provider, offering over 1000 courses to students worldwide over 7+ years. We have a solid reputation which has helped us become a highly trusted and reliable course provider learning marketplace....
Find out more about this Child Psychology Essentials course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!