Cyber security refers to the process of protecting computer systems and digital information from unauthorized access, theft and other unethical activities. Computer defense, on the other hand is the process of taking appropriate precautions in order to prevent computer systems and networks from being attacked. Both of these concepts have become very important in this digital era. Failure to implement both these concepts within organizations would cost millions and put the reputation and confidential information of the organizations at risk. Therefore, organizations have to ensure these two concepts are incorporated properly within their systems and networks.
Organizations around the globe have started to realize the importance of cyber security and dedicate their time towards creating a strong cyber security team within their organizations. There are currently over a million Cyber Security job openings global and the demand is greatly outpacing supply. A career in cyber security is the ideal one for you, if you like challenges, room for progression and a higher salary in your profession. This course is for beginners and IT pros looking to get certified and land an entry level Cyber Security position. This CompTIA security + Certification prep training course will prepare you for the Security + Certification exambyteaching you about real-world cyber threats and defenses. The Security+ exam (SY0-501) covers six domains, and this course helps you understand all of them.
Do you have questions about COVID-19 in relation to this course?
At findcourses.co.uk we are committed to helping everyone who wants to learn, to learn. So are our trusted partner providers.
Get in touch on this page to find out whether there are any changes to this course in light of COVID-19.
Suitability - Who should attend?
- Learners must be age 16 or over and
- Should have a basic understanding of the English Language, numeracy, literacy, and ICT.
- Should have an interest in cyber security and defense
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Those who successfully complete the course will be awarded the CompTIA security + certification prep certificate by CPD & iAP. The qualification will make you valuable to employers, and your motivation at gaining new skills will be recognised.
Training Course Content
1. Network Security Domain
2. Compliance and Operational Security Domain
3. Threats and Vulnerabilities Domain
4. Applications, Data and Host Security Domain
5. Access Control and Identity Management Domain
6. Cryptography Domain
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Method of assessment
At the end of the course, you will have one assignment to be submitted (you need a mark of 65% to pass) and you can submit the assignment at any time. You will only need to pay £19 for assessment and certification when you submit the assignment. You will receive the results within 72 hours of submittal, and will be sent a certificate in 7-14 days if you have successfully passed.
- Written and designed by the industry’s finest expert instructors with over 15 years of experience
- Repeat and rewind all your lectures and enjoy a personalised learning experience
- Unlimited 12 months access from anywhere, anytime
- Save time and money on travel
- Learn at your convenience and leisure
- Eligible for TOTUM discount card
- Free Career Support Service
- 25% Discount on personal Statement and covering letter writing service
- Free Access to Over 150 courses for 2 days (48 hours)
- Free access to course before you purchase (For selected courses only)
Progression and career path
This course in CompTIA security + certification prep will help you prepare for the Security + certification exam. With this certificate and the certificate in Security + certification exam certification you can get ahold of many job positions in the IT and cyber security field. You can also use this certificate to progress further in your career by demanding for job promotions and salary increments from your employer.
- Software developer – £30,661 per annum
- Software engineer – £34,671 per annum
- Information Technology (IT) architect – £59,124 per annum
- Information security analyst – £33,317 per annum
Study 365 is a leading vocational and professional accredited course provider, offering over 1000 courses to students worldwide over 7+ years. We have a solid reputation which has helped us become a highly trusted and reliable course provider learning marketplace....
Find out more about this CompTIA Security+ Certification Prep course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!