Hacking refers to the unauthorized usage or access to the information in a computer or a network. Hacking is mainly used to steal information and user identity, get access to sensitive information and to disable computer networks and websites. Hackers can get unauthorized access into applications and databases as well. Organizations use IDS, honeypots and firewalls in their organizational systems in order to monitor and prevent hacking and other malicious activities within the organization. IDS is mainly used to detect and report unauthorized activities to the organization, whereas honeypots and firewalls are used to both detect and prevent unauthorized activities directed at an organization.
Hacking has become a global security concern in the modern digital world. Certain organizations have opted to employ hackers within their organizations in order to identify security threats in the company systems and to prevent theft and other cyber related crimes. There are currently over a million Cyber Security job openings globally, and demand is greatly outpacing supply. Therefore, a job in cyber security is the ideal career option if you expect your job to have challenges, opportunities for progression and a higher salary. This course is for both beginners and IT pros looking to get certified and land an entry level Cyber Security job position. This course will train you on how to confuse, detect, and prevent intrusion. You will also learn about Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Snort, Honeydrive installation, and advanced perimeter security. By the time you complete this course, you will know all about firewalls, LAN security, threat management, and DNSSec.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Learners must be age 16 or over and should have a basic understanding of the English Language, numeracy, literacy, and ICT.
Who is this course aimed at?
- IT students
- Job seekers
- IT professionals
- Anyone interested in learning about Honeypots, IDS and firewalls
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Those who successfully complete the course will be awarded the Ethical hacking: Honeypots, IDS and firewalls certificate by CPD & iAP. The qualification will make you valuable to employers, and your motivation at gaining new skills will be recognised.
Training Course Content
1: Intrusion Detection Systems
3: Advanced Ids
5: Honeydrive Installation
6: Kippo Ssh Honeypot
8: Advanced Perimeter Security
9: Lan Security
10: Threat Management
- Learn how to confuse, detect, and prevent intrusion.
- Learn about Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS)
- Understand about Snort, Honeydrive installation, and advanced perimeter security.
- Understand about firewalls, LAN security, threat management, and DNSSec.
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Method of assessment
At the end of the course, you will have one assignment to be submitted (you need a mark of 65% to pass) and you can submit the assignment at any time. You will only need to pay £19 for assessment and certification when you submit the assignment. You will receive the results within 72 hours of submittal, and will be sent a certificate in 7-14 days if you have successfully passed.
- Written and designed by the industry’s finest expert instructors with over 15 years of experience
- Repeat and rewind all your lectures and enjoy a personalised learning experience
- Gain access to quality video tutorials
- Unlimited 12 months access from anywhere, anytime
- Save time and money on travel
- Learn at your convenience and leisure
- Eligible for TOTUM discount card
- Free Career Support Service
- 25% Discount on personal Statement and covering letter writing service
- Free Access to Over 150 courses for 2 days (48 hours)
- Free access to course before you purchase (For selected courses only)
Progression and Career Path
With this certificate in Ethical hacking: Honeypots, IDS and firewalls, you can supplement your professional qualifications and win a reputable job position in the IT or cyber security field. You can also use this course to progress further in your career by winning job promotions and salary increments opportunities from your organization.
- Security officer – £20,576 per annum
- Software developer – £30,661 per annum
- Information security officer – £33,317 per annum
- Cyber security analyst – £30,945 per annum
Study 365 is a leading vocational and professional accredited course provider, offering over 1000 courses to students worldwide over 7+ years. We have a solid reputation which has helped us become a highly trusted and reliable course provider learning marketplace....
Find out more about this Ethical Hacking: Honeypots, IDS and Firewalls course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.