The latest trend in home gardening is food gardening
Food gardening refers to the method of growing vegetables and fruits for consumption in one’s home garden. Food gardening has become a growing concept among people with the increase in health issues related to fruits and vegetables available in the market. Food gardening reduces or avoids the usage of pesticides and fertiliser in your food. Therefore, it is proven to be a great way to enjoy healthy and fresh fruits and vegetables. It has also been found out that the fruits and vegetables grown in home gardening contains more nutrients compared to those bought from the markets. Food gardening is also economical. It is much cheaper to grow healthy fruits and vegetable in one’s garden than to buy less healthy ones from the stores.
This course is here to provide you the necessary skills and training needed to be successful at food gardening. This course will guide you in the basics of food gardening such as the planning, building and planting of fruits and vegetables to the proper maintenance of them. You will also be taught on environmentally friendly pest management to safeguard your harvest. Regardless of whether you are a professional food gardener or a beginner, this certificate course will make food gardening easier and appealing to you.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Whom is this course aimed at?
- Those with little or no experience of food gardening
- Those who are skilled in food gardening and are looking to build on existing knowledge
- You must be over the age of 16 and have a basic understanding of Maths, English and ICT
- Individuals who are interested in learning about food gardening.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Those who successfully complete the exam will be awarded the Certificate in Food Gardening.
Training Course Content
- What You Need To Know Before Starting An Edible Garden?
- Tips For Planning For Gardening Success And Build Your Garden Foundation
- Growing Plants From Seeds And Plant Vegetables
- Explore Low-Maintenance Garden Tips
- Understanding Small Fruit Cultivation And Care And Grow Fruit Trees
- Tips For Environmentally Friendly Pest Management
- Identifying Food Harvesting Tips And Tricks
- Difference Between The Composting And Vermicomposting And Extend Your Growing Season
You have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Method of assessment
At the end of the course, you will be required to take a multiple choice question assessment test. The multiple choice question assessment will be automatically marked with learners receiving an instant grade.
The Food Gardening certification will be awarded by CPD & iAP. This internationally recognised qualification will make your CV standout and encourage employers to see your motivation at expanding your skills and knowledge in an enterprise environment.
- Learn about the importance of food gardening and why the need for food gardening is increasing.
- Understand how to plan for a successful and healthy gardening.
- Understand the different ways of growing plants from seeds and plant vegetables.
- Gain an insight into low maintenance gardening tips.
- Gain an understanding on cultivating small fruit and growing fruit trees.
- Learn about environmentally friendly pest management.
- Understand about fruit harvesting methods and tips.
- Gain an understanding of the difference between the composting and vermicomposting and how to extend your growing season.
- Written and designed by the industry’s finest expert instructors with over 15 years experience
- Repeat and rewind all your lectures and enjoy a personalised learning experience
- Gain access to quality video tutorials
- Unlimited 12 months access from anywhere, anytime
- Support by email, phone and live chat
- Save time and money on travel
- Learn at your convenience and leisure
- Quizzes, tests mock exams, practice exams to ensure you are 100% ready
- Eligible for a NUS discount card
Progression and career path
With the certificate in Food Gardening you will be eligible to work in various job positions. You can also use this diploma to demand for job promotions and salary increments from your organisation. The certificate will prove your expertise and skills in food gardening, giving you the opportunity to impress potential clients. You can even set up your own gardening business which can be successful and profitable.
- Head chef – £25,768 per annum
- Gardener – £17,749 per annum
- Kitchen manager – £22,571 per annum
- Landscape gardener – £521 per annum
Study 365 is a leading vocational and professional accredited course provider, offering over 1000 courses to students worldwide over 7+ years. We have a solid reputation which has helped us become a highly trusted and reliable course provider learning marketplace....
Find out more about this Food Gardening course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!