Do you work directly with food? Are you the owner of a food establishment? The Health & Safety for Food Manufacturing – Level 2 course is designed for individuals who want to acquire knowledge on health and safety in food production and manufacturing. It is the ideal course for individuals who are directly handling food and want to implement health and safety principles in their food establishment. Learners are fully equipped with the skills of what it takes to work in a food environment in a safe and healthy manner. The course is helpful to learners working in multiple sectors in the food industry such as restaurants, hotels, school cafeterias and the hospital. It is a comprehensive course that will teach individuals how to effectively prepare, cook, process and pack food keeping health and safety at the forefront.
The Health & Safety for Food Manufacturing – Level 2 course will feature key topics including introducing learners to health and safety matters, creating a safe workplace, applying structural safety features and working safely in their choice of food establishment.
If you want to learn the best health and safety practices, how to choose the right equipment, wearing the right personal protective clothing, dealing with accidents and incidents and understanding health and safety policies within your workplace and why you should apply them in the first place, the Health & Safety for Food Manufacturing – Level 2 is the course that will cover all this informative and invaluable topics.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Who is this Course aimed at?
- Food business operators
- Food factories
- Meat cutting plants
- Vegetable packers
- The course is suitable for all levels of employees, supervisors and managers who work with and directly handle food processing and food manufacturing
- Anyone with an interest in health safety and food manufacturing, packaging and the storage industry
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Those who successfully complete the course will be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Health & Safety for Food Manufacturing by the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health. It will make you valuable to employers, and your motivation at gaining new skills will be recognised.
Training Course Content
1: Health and safety matters
2: A safe workplace
3: Working safely
4: Vehicles, noise and heights
5: Manual handling
6: Fire and electrics
8: When things go wrong
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Method of Assessment
At the end of the Health & Safety for Food Manufacturing – Level 2 you will be evaluated through an online multiple choice exam. In order to complete this program successfully and gain your professional qualification.
What will I learn?
- Gain a clear understanding of health and safety policies within the food
- manufacturing industry and why your business should apply them.
- Learn about the legal responsibilities of working in the food industry.
- Understand personal hygiene in food safety in the context of your job role.
- Learn why health and safety matters and how to prevent accidents.
- Learn about food poisoning and food contamination and how to prevent it.
- Learn how to choose the right equipment and stick to a proper cleaning schedule.
Progression and Career Path
Once you successfully complete the Health & Safety for Food Manufacturing - Level 2 you will gain an accredited qualification that will give your career the jumpstart you have always wanted. With this qualification you can further expand your education or go onto work in numerous positions that will also put you in line to demand a higher salary or job promotion. The certification will enable employees in the capacity of Junior and Senior employees, including Supervisors and Managers to attain high earning positions within the industry.
- Hotel Chef - £7.47 per hour
- Catering Supervisor - £8.03 per hour
- Restaurant Cook - £7.54 per hour
- Cafeteria Worker - £6.73 per hour
- Kitchen Chef - £7.47 per hour
Study 365 is a leading vocational and professional accredited course provider, offering over 1000 courses to students worldwide over 7+ years. We have a solid reputation which has helped us become a highly trusted and reliable course provider learning marketplace....
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!