Introduction to First AidStudy365
If you want to be equipped in case of a medical emergency the Introduction to First Aid course is the perfect choice. The course is designed for individuals who want to have a better understanding of First Aid and help whether it is nosebleeds, cuts, burns and fractures. The course is ideal for individuals who want a career in healthcare or are already employed in the healthcare industry. The course will serve all levels of learners from beginner if they want to acquire the appropriate understanding of First Aid, and for advanced learners who want a refresher.
The Introduction to First Aid course covers key topics which include the importance of first aid within an office environment, the role of the first aider, first aid equipment, how to survey the scene and give the accurate information and have the confidence to treat minor injuries.
If you are in the midst of someone in need, the Introduction to First Aid will come in highly useful. If your co-worker is choking or another got burns on their hands, you will have the necessary skills to help them until medical assistance arrives. It can be a life and a death moment. Knowing how to help someone in need will always be a trait that comes in useful. The course is useful to individuals in healthcare, nursing and homecare, however, as an academic qualification anyone in any industry can gain a comprehensive understanding of First Aid practices.
Suitability - Who should attend?
- The course is suitable for all levels of employees and managers
- Anyone with an interest in first aid
What will I learn?
- Understand why first aid is vital and learn the appropriate circumstances of when you can apply it.
- Learn first aid best practices in order to be able to apply it any situation.
- Do you know how to recognise a breathing patient?
- Can you manage an acute bleed?
- How about when someone is choking? Do you know what to do?
- Learn first aid skills at beginner level or gain a refresher course.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Those who successfully complete the course will be awarded the Introduction to First Aid by the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health. It will make you valuable to employers, and your motivation at gaining new skills will be recognised.
Training Course Content
1: Introduction to First Aid
2: First aid equipment
3: First at the scene
4: Treating minor injuries
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Method of Assessment
At the end of the Introduction to First Aid you will be evaluated through an online multiple choice exam. In order to complete this program successfully and gain your professional qualification.
- Written and designed by the industry’s finest expert instructors with over 15 years of experience
- Repeat and rewind all your lectures and enjoy a personalised learning experience
- Gain access to quality video tutorials
- Unlimited 12 months access from anywhere, anytime
- Save time and money on travel
- Learn at your convenience and leisure
- Eligible for TOTUM discount card
- Free Career Support Service
- 25% Discount on personal Statement and covering letter writing service
- Free Access to Over 150 courses for 2 days (48 hours)
- Free access to course before you purchase (For selected courses only
Progression and Career Path
Once you successfully complete the Introduction to First Aid you will gain an accredited qualification that will give your career the jump start you have always wanted. With this qualification you can further expand your education or go onto work in numerous positions that will also put you in line to demand a higher salary or job promotion.
- Personal Homecare Aid - £8.20 per hour
- Residential Caregiver - £16,384 per annum
- Nursing Manager - £40,399 per annum
Others jobs you can get
- Residential Care Worker
- Nursery Worker
Study 365 is a leading vocational and professional accredited course provider, offering over 1000 courses to students worldwide over 7+ years. We have a solid reputation which has helped us become a highly trusted and reliable course provider learning marketplace....
Find out more about this Introduction to First Aid course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!