Do you love makeup? Have you been thinking about a career change? Would you love to do bridal makeup?
Being a Makeup Artist is versatile and gives you numerous opportunities. There are many career options, for example, you could do freelance bridal or special occasion makeup, or you could work for a makeup brand as a makeup consultant which could lead to doing makeup for fashion shows or magazines. Alternately, you could specialise in makeup for television, film or stage. As well as this, you could become a beauty blogger. As you can see, there are many different paths open to you with this qualification.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Who is this course for?
- This is for the people who are looking to be a Makeup Consultant, Makeup Artist, Beauty and Bridal Makeup artist.
- This pack is suitable for learners aged pre-16 and above. There is no experience or previous qualifications required for enrolment on this course. It is available to all students, of all academic backgrounds.
Learners must be 16 or above and have a good grasp of the English Language, numeracy, literacy and ICT.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Successful candidates will receive a well recognised Certificate in “Professional Makeup application”.
Training Course Content
Be able to prepare for make-up
The learner can:
1.1 State the factors that could influence the choice of basic make-up products and techniques.
1.2 State the importance of the preparation procedures for applying basic make-up.
1.3 Prepare for applying basic make-up.
1.4 Select products, tools and equipment.
1.5 State how and when to use products, tools and equipment for basic make-up.
Be able to carry out make-up
The learner can:
2.1 State basic skin types
2.2 State the basic structure and function of the skin
2.3 State the bone structure of the face
2.4 Prepare the face
2.5 Apply basic make-up products
2.6 Remove basic make-up
2.7 Follow safe and hygienic working practices
2.8 Communicate and behave in a professional manner
Further you will learn following in details;
- Getting started as a makeup artist.
- The role of the makeup professional.
- Building a professional makeup kit.
- Understanding basic lighting.
- Basic facial anatomy, Colour theory.
- Professional products, brushes, tools and equipment.
- The art of perfect skin and skincare.
- Highlighting and contouring, Foundations, Concealers.
- Eyebrow definition and grooming, Understanding different eye-shapes
- Eye makeup; eye shadows, eyeliners, mascaras, false eyelash application.
- Cheek/blush and colour application, working with pigments.
- Precise lipstick application, Colour mixing and experimentation.
- Blending techniques.
- Looks including; corrective, day, evening and special occasion.
- Adapting techniques and colours for different skin tones, Client aftercare.
Method of Assessment
At the end of the course learners will also take an online multiple choice assessment test. This online multiple choice test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
Why Choose Us?
- Our courses represent outstanding value for money
- High quality e-learning study materials and mock exams.
- Each course is designed by industry experts, using an innovative interactive learning approach.
- Includes step-by-step guided videos tutorials.
- Benefit of applying NUS extra Discount Card.
- 24/7 Access to the Online Learning Portal.
- Anytime & Anywhere Learning.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Access Course Content on Mobile, Tablet or Desktop.
- Study in a user friendly, advanced online learning platform.
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.
- Freelance Makeup Artist
- Bridal Makeup Artist
- Makeup Consultant
- Makeup Artist for film, television or stage
Study 365 is a leading vocational and professional accredited course provider, offering over 1000 courses to students worldwide over 7+ years. We have a solid reputation which has helped us become a highly trusted and reliable course provider learning marketplace....
Find out more about this Make-up Artist Training Course course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.