The Level 3 Award in Health and Social Care is designed for individuals who want to work with people of all ages and provide care in a social care setting. If you want to qualify to work in health and social care, this course is perfect for you. It will give individuals a fully recognised qualification in health and social care and looking to work with people who require care assistance. Learners will acquire in-depth understanding of the role and responsibilities of a health and social care worker.
The course will introduce learners to key topics such as safeguarding individuals in a care setting, knowing signs and symptoms of behaviour that may cause concerns and protecting the welfare of individuals. The course will cover a wide range of issues but primarily focus on the care of people through a health and balanced service.
The Level 3 Award in in Health and Social Care will give learners access to a wide range of areas such as personal development, communication, and health and safety. It is a great learning course for individuals who want to understand the concept behind preparing for work in this field and want to enhance their skills and knowledge of their job role.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Learners will need to be over the age of 19, and must demonstrate the following:
- Vocational or academic qualification at Level 2 or higher
- Basic level of literacy, numeracy and ICT ability
In order to qualify for the program (Awarding Body Registration)you will need to make the payment of£69and submit a completed application form which will be provided to you. This form should be provided to us within a month of enrolment along with the following;
- Proof of educational qualifications
- You must provide an identification document such as a passport or a driving licence.
Upon submission of the documents your application will be reviewed. If you fail to meet the entry requirements of the program your application will not be accepted.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Those who successfully complete the course will be awarded the Level 3 Award in in Health and Social Care Certificate. It will make you valuable to employers, and your motivation at gaining new skills will be recognised.
CACHE are continually investing in high quality qualifications for the care and education industry, making them the UK’s leading sector specialist. Developed by experts, CACHE qualifications help millions of learners to raise professional standards across the sector. As a result, CACHE has gained a deserved reputation for excellence and leadership.
NCFE is a national Awarding Organisation, passionate about designing, developing and certificating diverse, nationally recognised qualifications and awards. These qualifications contribute to the success of millions of learners at all levels, bringing them closer to fulfilling their personal goals. Last year alone, over 340,000 learners from over 2,000 colleges, schools and training organisations chose NCFE as the Awarding Organisation to help them move their careers forward.
Training Course Content
- Qualification type:NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award
- Qualification title:NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in Health and Social Care
- Accreditation status:Accredited
- Guided Learning Hours (GLH):180
- Total Qualification Time (TQT):215
- Qualification Number (QN):601/6108/5
- The Level 3 Award, Certificate and Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care have been designed to enable learners to progress to further study in the same field, and will also support your progression into the workplace
- This Award is made up of 3 mandatory units, which gives learners a good understanding of working in health and social care
- Getting Started
- Qualification Specification
- Awarding Body Registration
- Equality, Diversity and Rights in Health and Social Care [K/507/1406]
- Human growth and development [M/507/1407]
- Safeguarding in Health and Social Care [T/507/1408]
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Method of Assessment
To achieve this qualification, learners must complete 3 mandatory units. You will complete assignments and create a portfolio of evidence, which will be assessed by a tutor. Grading system: A*–D (to pass an assignment you must achieve a grade D or above).
Additionally, £159 is charged for your assessment and certificate. You need to pay this when you are submitting your assessments only (It is not required to pay initially when you are registering). This payment can be paid in installments when you are submitting your assessments.
Progression and Career Path
Once you successfully complete the Level 3 Award in in Health and Social Care you will gain an accredited qualification. You will be able to progress to the Level 3 Certificate and Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care. The Award shares 3 mandatory units with the Certificate. The Award may be suitable if you wish to progress to Higher Education but are taking other qualifications as part of a wider programme of study.
- Senior Healthcare Assistant - £8.14 per hour
- Residential Support Worker - £7.73 per hour
- Care Worker - £7.66 per hour
- Healthcare Assistant - £7.42 per hour
- Caregiver - £7.88 per hour
- Home Care Worker - £8.08 per hour
Study 365 is a leading vocational and professional accredited course provider, offering over 1000 courses to students worldwide over 7+ years. We have a solid reputation which has helped us become a highly trusted and reliable course provider learning marketplace....
Find out more about this NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in Health and Social Care course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
Vocational & College Courses
Vocational & College Courses