Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
3 Day Masterclass Petroleum Economics & Fiscal ModellingTerrapinn Training
GAIN A COMPLETE UNDERSTANDING OF THE USE OF THE TECHNIQUES OF ECONOMIC ANALYSIS AND RISK ANALYSIS AS CURRENTLY PRACTICED IN THE OIL AND GAS INDUSTRY.
Participants will receive a thorough understanding of the context of economic analysis as well as practical instruction and an appreciation of the analytical techniques used. The 3 Day Masterclass in Petroleum Economics is an introductory course which covers the setup of analysis cases, including the estimation of recoverable reserves, production profiles, commodity prices, and project costs – CapEx, OpEx, and Transportation.
GET TO GRIPS WITH PETROLEUM ECONOMICS & FISCAL MODELLING
The course will cover cash flow analysis, deriving and understanding economic indicators and detailed probability and fiscal analysis. These are vital components of the evaluation of investments in today’s international upstream oil and gas industry.
Over the course of the three days, you will identify the criteria used in project economics decision-making, e.g. rate of return, NCF, NPV, PIR, Payout, EMV, RPI, as well as the objectives of different investors and producers in the context of the various decision-making criteria.
You will learn a variety of analytical frameworks and tools, including base case analysis; sensitivity analysis and risk analysis (risked vs un-risked results). The course also covers full cycle vs half cycle analysis, including the role of government and tax terms, e.g. unburdened & burdened analysis, and the concept of Economic Rent, as well as such concepts as ring fencing.
Suitability - Who should attend?
WHO WILL ATTEND:
- Commercial Analysts/Executive/Managers
- Business Planners/Analysts/Executives/Managers
- Production Sharing Executives/Managers
- Project Executives/Manager
- Reservoir, Production & Petroleum Engineers
- Planning and Development Analysts/Executives
- Petroleum Economists
- General Managers
- Finance and Account Executive/Managers
ORGANISATIONS THAT WILL BENEFIT:
- Oil & Gas Companies
- Offshore Contractors
- Government Officials
- Land Administrators
- Tax Advisors
- Policy Advisors
- Energy Consultants
Outcome / Qualification etc.
You will receive a CPD Certified certificate of course completion
Training Course Content
IN JUST 3 DAYS YOU WILL:
- Build analysis production profiles and use of exponential, harmonic, & hyperbolic decline curves
- Determine netback prices, including adjustments for crude oil quality and gas composition
- Determine capital and operating costs
- Understand the criteria used to make investment decisions
- Learn to incorporate financing and government fiscal terms into the analysis
- Understand how to assess joint venture farm in/out options
- Analyse the pitfalls that can trip up the inexperienced
- Support informed investment decisions
- Support management and negotiations
- Contribute to policy dialogue and development
Various payment plans are available
Provider: Terrapinn Training
Terrapinn Training - Professional development courses across all business sectors
Professional development with Terrapinn is anything but ordinary. Terrapinn training courses are delivered by a world-class faculty of expert practitioners, with passion for helping others succeed. The full portfolio of Terrapinn courses covers all key markets and industries, from finance and investment, to transport...