Computer Aided Design is a vital part of the construction industry. All architects, technicians and construction industry professionals are expected to have at minimum a basic working knowledge of CAD.
More about this course
Exploring the most widely used technical drawing software, this course will introduce you to the theory and practice of digital drawing. It will equip you with a working knowledge of the software package and enable you to create and present professional technical drawings.
The course will be delivered as a series of short lectures, which will be reinforced by a variety of practical exercises. The later sessions will include a surgery for troubleshooting and support in a small group. Topics and techniques covered include:
- an introduction to the software, interface, version differences (including full AutoCAD vs AutoCAD LT)
- using co-ordinate systems
- efficient drawing – working with shortcuts and the command line
- an introduction/revision of basic drawing techniques
- drawing techniques for various scales/types of drawing – plans, sections, elevations and details
- drawing organisation and management, layering and visibility
- creating and using hatches
- using styles to manage the appearance of text, dimensions and annotations
- using blocks and groups
- plotting/printing, plot styles, managing and automating output
- an introduction to standards for working with other professionals – focusing on Architectural, Engineering and Construction (AEC) (UK) and Uniclass standards
By the end of the course, you will have the ability to:
- set up a drawing package
- produce scale 2D plans and layouts
- draw 2D details
- present and style content for printing
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for anyone with a proficient working knowledge of technical drawing (either by hand or digitally) who wishes to learn how to produce drawings in AutoCAD. It is also suitable for professionals who are already using AutoCAD but wish to revise and expand their skills.Candidate Requirements:● Existing knowledge of drawing conventions, architectural terminology, and methods of working within construction industry● Basic computer proficiency
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Our skills-based courses provide learning to a wide range of students with a variety of personal or professional reasons for attending. Students benefit from tuition from practitioner academics and state of the art facilities. The Cass has a history of...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!