Mark making and experimental drawing is the initial backbone of many illustration and design practices and this course aims to develop a culture of experimentation and creativity.
Course aims and benefits:
Drawing is one of the simplest ways to create some of the most exciting and intriguing outcomes. With an emphasis on process, pattern and constant redevelopment, students will experience how experimental drawing exercises are as useful and essential as life drawing or layout.
The course will include:
- an introduction to how mark making and experimental drawing is essential practise and its relevance to past and present illustrators and designers
- drawing tool making workshops (how to make and develop your own apparatus to draw and make patterns and marks)
- mark making workshops
- mark making and its application to collage and illustration
- idea generation and quick exercises to develop confidence, quick decision making and self critique
- making texture and pattern banks to work with and develop as a resource
- creating a zine based around the experimental drawings and textures generated
- experimental drawing techniques
By the end of the course, students will have:
- hands-on experience with materials and collage techniques
- learnt zine making techniques
- exposure and awareness of current and past practices
- developed techniques and practices to move marks and patterns forward into new work
- generated experimental outcomes
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for beginners and doesn't require prior knowledge or experience. It is particularly well suited to those seeking ideas or inspiration as well as illustrators and artists who want to expand and experiment.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Our skills-based courses provide learning to a wide range of students with a variety of personal or professional reasons for attending. Students benefit from tuition from practitioner academics and state of the art facilities. The Cass has a history of...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!