Communication for Professional SuccessThe Institute of Workplace and Facilities Management (IWFM)
Communication for Professional Success
Is your communication landing? Improve your skills to drive both professional and personal success.
Suitability - Who should attend?
In a world where emails, texts and tweets are sent without a second thought, effective communication has never been more important. If you're looking to improve your communication skills and understand how communication drives success, this course is for you. It will also help you to improve your listening, speaking and writing skills.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
You will receive a digital certificate on completion of this course.
All our learning outcomes match the essential skills required by the profession day-to-day.
This course will boost your skill set, providing the tools you need to advance your career.
Training Course Content
While studying, you will assess case studies and complete a range of interactive and written tasks based on real-world examples.
Upon completion of this course, you will understand:
- Communication in a professional context: Why it's important to get communication right, the foundation of effective communication, key communication methods for professionals, barriers to successful communication and how to overcome them, and the skills required to communicate effectively.
- Sharing information with others: When and how to share information, how to communicate in writing, communication without words, and how to use social media in a professional context.
- Effective collaboration: The role communication plays in team projects, how to establish rapport with others, how to become a good listener, how to run a meeting effectively, facilitating communication between others, and how to evaluate your performance.
- Persuasion and negotiation: How to engage with a disinterested audience, how to win over an audience during a presentation, the best ways to persuade and negotiate, how to say 'no' without causing offence, and how to pitch and interview.
- Challenges in communication: Global communication methods, possible barriers to access, how to talk about change, communicating in a crisis, and the best way to deliver criticism and the risks.
Course delivery details
When you purchase this course, you will receive an activation code and link to access your course. You then have 120 days to complete the course.
- Member: £79 +VAT
- Non-member: £99 +VAT
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
IWFM (The Institute of Workplace and Facilities Management)
The IWFM is a community of over 14,000 workplace and facilities management professionals. We share best practice and knowledge with the profession and support our member’s professional development through internationally recognised, regulated qualifications, short courses and training. All Institute of Workplace...
Find out more about this Communication for Professional Success course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!