IWFM Level 3 Qualifications - Award, Certificate & Diploma in Facilities ManagementThe Institute of Workplace and Facilities Management (IWFM)
IWFM Level 3 Qualifications - Award, Certificate & Diploma in Facilities Management
All available course dates
IWFM Level 3 Qualification - QCF Level 3 Award, Certificate & Diploma in Facilities Management
The QCF Level 3 qualifications (Award, Certificate, Advanced Apprenticeship and Diploma) will develop your management skills and enable you to take responsibility and initiate projects in the facilities management industry. The course places an emphases on providing your with the skills to understand which tasks are high priority and complete these tasks efficiently and effectively.
The programme looks at corporate social responsibility and sustainability issues in facilities management and addresses aspects related to customer service, operational performance and estate management.
The British Institute of Facilities Management, the professional body for the facilities management industry, has designed and developed this series of first line facilities management qualifications alongside employers to help you address industry challenges with a high level of complexity.
Suitability - Who should attend?
TheIWFM Level 3 Qualifications are aimed at first‑line managers and supervisors in facilities management. The training programme is also suitable for new recruits into the industry.
Flexible Study Modes
You can study this course in the format of your choice, including face-to-face, evening courses, and distance and online courses.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Successful learners who complete all training requirements at one of the IWFM recognised centres receive a qualification as follows:
- Level 3 Award in Facilities Management (11 QCF credits)
- Level 3 Certificate in Facilities Management (28 QCF credits) - part of the Advanced Apprenticeship in Facilities Management (28 QCF credits)
- Level 3 Certificate in Facilities Management practice - part of the Advanced Apprenticeship in Facilities Management (28 QCF credits)
- Level 3 Diploma in Facilities Management (48 QCF credits)
Training Course Content
To be qualified at QCF Level 3 and receive a IWFM qualification in Facilities Management, learners are required to complete the following schemes:
- Level 3 Award: 2 mandatory units totaling 11 credits
- Level 3 Certificate (knowledge): 4 mandatory units + additional 7 credits totaling 28 credits
- Level 3 Certificate (competency): 3 mandatory units marked (*) + additional 14 credits totaling 28 credits -
- Level 3 Diploma: 5 mandatory units + additional 22 credits totaling 48 credits
Units and QCF credit value
- Introduction to facilities management (6)
- Corporate social responsibility and sustainability in facilities management (4)
- Customer and stakeholder relations in facilities management (5)
- Specification and procurement of facilities supplies and services(6)
- Health and safety responsibilities in facilities management(5*)
- Manage operational performance in facilities management(4*)
- Project management within facilities management operations(5*)
- Budget management of facilities management operations(5)
- Understanding facilities management within the context of an organisation(4)
- Understanding support services operations in an organisation(3)
- Space allocation in facilities management(4)
- Building maintenance in facilities management (5)
- Understand the estate management function for facilities managers (4)
- Contribute to disaster recovery and contingency planning(5)
The cost of theIWFM qualification programmes depends on the level of training chosen (Award, Certificate, Diploma) and the accredited training centre delivering the course. You can choose your study mode and location from over 20 IWFM centres around the UK.
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
IWFM (The Institute of Workplace and Facilities Management)
The IWFM is a community of over 17,000 workplace and facilities management professionals. We share best practice and knowledge with the profession and support our member’s professional development through internationally recognised, regulated qualifications, short courses and training. All Institute of Workplace...
Find out more about this IWFM Level 3 Qualifications - Award, Certificate & Diploma in Facilities Management course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!