IWFM Level 4 Diploma in Facilities ManagementThe Institute of Workplace and Facilities Management (IWFM)
IWFM Level 4 Diploma in Facilities Management Online Course
The Level 4 Diploma in Facilities Management qualifications will enable you to improve your management skills targeted for a facilities management function. The programme is designed to provide participants with a comprehensive understanding of facilities management and the skills, methods and techniques needed to fulfill the function.
The work-focused assessments place an emphasis on performing high-priority tasks and initiating new facilities management projects in this growing industry sector. The training programme also focuses on areas relating to sustainability and corporate social responsibility in facilities management and deals with aspects relating to customer service, estate management and operational performance.
Participants will be able to:
- Interpret, analyse and evaluate relevant information and ideas.
- Review the appropriateness and effectiveness of actions, methods and results.
- Exhibit theoretical, practical or technical knowledge and understanding of a subject or field of work to address problems.
- Understand the nature of approximate scope of the area of study or work.
- Identify, adapt and use the required cognitive and practical skills to inform actions and address problems.
- Credit requirements: 48 minimum
- Five Mandatory Units (29 credits)
- Optional Units (19 credits)
- Guideline hours: 480 hours (196 hours guided learning)
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Level 4 Diploma course is suitable for those at an operational management level or who wish to function at that level in future.
Individuals who have completed this course have occupied roles such as:
- Facilities Manager
- Premises Manager
- Contract Manager
- Account Manager
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Upon completion of a minimum of 48 credits you will be certificated for the IWFM Level 4 Diploma in Facilities Management.
Training Course Content
To achieve the minimum requirement of 48 credits complete the five mandatory units plus the required optional units.
Five mandatory units (totals 29 credits):
- Overview of facilities management
- Managing health and safety in own area of facilities management
- Understanding facilities management strategy
- Understanding people management in facilities management
- Understanding facilities management support services operations
Choose optional units to total 19 - 26 credits:
- Understanding risk management in facilities management
- Understanding financial management in facilities management
- Understanding leadership and management in facilities management
- Understanding property and asset management for facilities managers
- Understanding sustainability and environmental issues and the impact on facilities management
- Understanding procurement and contract management in facilities management
Applying for IWFM Membership
Upon completion of the IWFM Level 4 Certificate in FM qualification you will meet the academic requirements for the Member grade of IWFM membership.
Full requirements and costs for BIWFM FM membership grades can be found at bifm.org.uk/bifm/membership/advantages
Continuing your studies with IWFM Qualifications
You may also want to considering carrying on your studies toward a IWFM Level 5 Certificate or Diploma. You can carry 6 credits from your level 4 towards this however please note all mandatory units must still be completed.Or
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
IWFM (The Institute of Workplace and Facilities Management)
The IWFM is a community of over 17,000 workplace and facilities management professionals. We share best practice and knowledge with the profession and support our member’s professional development through internationally recognised, regulated qualifications, short courses and training. All Institute of Workplace...
Find out more about this IWFM Level 4 Diploma in Facilities Management course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!