JCT Design and Build Contract 2016: Practical Training
Maximise your understanding of the JCT Design and Build Contract, and learn how to administer the relevant clauses and processes to ensure project success.
Using the management of time, cost and quality as the basis for the course, you will be introduced to the processes, advantages and disadvantages, the various clauses, and dispute resolution methods that relate to projects working with the JCT Design and Build contract. Practical exercises will also give you ample opportunity to demonstrate and test your new found skills and knowledge.
Suitability - Who should attend?
- Contract Administrators
- Employers Agents
- Quantity Surveyors
- Project Managers.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
- Identify the relevant clauses in the JCT Design and Build contract
- Define clauses that relate to Time, Cost, Quality and Dispute Resolution
- Demonstrate increased awareness of contract clauses through group exercises
- Analyse a mock case study relating to delays, extension of time, valuing the works, and loss & expense, and advise on appropriate actions.
Training Course Content
- Defining Contract Success factors
- Comparison of Design and Build v Traditional Procurement
- Recognition of Advantages of Design and Build
- Identification of parties and their responsibilities in a Design and Build Contract
- Appraisal of JCT Design and Build Clauses relating to Time, Cost and Quality
- Critique of Extension of Time Process
- Recognize methods of Valuing Change
- Review of Dispute Resolution Provisions
- Interactive group exercise relating to Case Study
Early bird - Book 6 weeks or more in advance and save 10%
RICS members: £310 + VAT
Non members: £399 + VAT
The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS):
World's leading professional body for qualifications in land, property and construction
RICS is professional, independent organisation with more than 118,000 qualified members and over 50,000 students and trainees in over 140 countries, established in the UK by Royal Charter. It is committed to setting and upholding the highest standards of excellence and integrity...
Find out more about this JCT Design and Build Contract 2016: Practical Training course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!