Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Abrasive Wheels SettersThe Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents - RoSPA
Abrasive Wheels Setters
Abrasive Wheels Setters - 1 day training course by RoSPA
Under British law, it is legally required that all employers utilising abrasive wheels ensure that all employees are properly trained. This training course in Abrasive Wheel Setters' safety focuses on practical demonstrations and exercises in order to develop delegates’ understanding of appropriate safety techniques and mechanisms that should be in place when working with abrasive wheels.
On completion of this course, delegates should be able to:
- Explain aspects required by the schedule of training (a specific legal requirement for anybody who mounts abrasive wheels)
- Set abrasive wheels safely
- Introduce the legal requirements behind abrasive wheel safety
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Abrasive Wheels Setters training course is designed for employees who are required to mount abrasive wheels, or who need to be familiar with the Regulations.
Prerequisites: It is desirable that delegates have experience in the use of abrasive wheels, but this is not essential.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Training Course Content
This Abrasive Wheels Setters training course is designed to cover the following areas:
- History of Abrasive Wheels Regulations
- Legal requirements relating to abrasive wheels
- Hazards arising from the use of abrasive wheels
- Methods of marking, storing, handling and transportation
- Practical demonstrations
For more pricing information, contact RoSPA.
RoSPA membership means savings across the full range of health and safety solutions:
- Up to 10% off all occupational safety in-company training, open courses, H&S auditing and consultancy services
- Up to 15% off entrance to RoSPA's Health and Safety Awards
- Up to 15% off RoSPA events, conferences and seminars
In house training
Choosing an in-house training solution demonstrates your commitment to occupational health and safety. By delivering this training course in house, RoSPA will help your organisation maintain effective and successful safety procedures that reflect your workplace culture.
Why study with the RoSPA?
- Over the last 90 years RoSPA has remained an instrumental force in every piece of UK safety legislation and continues to set the standard in training the next generation of health and safety professionals.
- Practically-based expert tuition from our professional CMIOSH qualified trainers, many of whom hold the City & Guilds 7407 teaching qualification..
- RoSPA uses a delegate-centred approach which encourages high levels of participation and equips each delegate with skills which will benefit their employers when they return to work.
Be Inspired! Watch the Video
RoSPA's Infocentre houses a unique collection of safety-related documents and provides an extensive enquiry service on all aspects of safety and health. For RoSPA Members the service is free, included as part of the annual subscription.
Provider: The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents - RoSPA
RoSPA is widely regarded as the UK's leading voice in health and safety programme delivery, and is the longest running safety organisation with one of the widest selection of courses. RoSPA’s expertise ensures that delegates who complete their courses leave with a...