Director Involvement in Health and SafetyThe Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents - RoSPA
Director Involvement in Health and Safety
Director Involvement in Health and Safety - 1 day training course
This 1-day training course will enable delegates to gain an understanding of a director’s role in managing workplace safety, agreeing and driving forward health and safety strategy. In accordance with the Corporate Manslaughter Act 2007, this course in Director Involvement in Health & Safety will provide the following:
- An outline of the core director safety actions required at board level
- Guidance on how to deliver the health & safety message
- An understanding of how to monitor and review health & safety issues
- A review of case studies - inputs, outputs and outcomes
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Director Involvement in Health and Safety training course is designed for directors, governors, trustees, officers and their equivalents in the private, public and voluntary sectors.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
All delegates successfully completing the course in full will be awarded the RoSPA Certificate of Training.
Training Course Content
This Health and Safety training course is designed to cover the following units, with the goal of providing a comprehensive understanding of a senior management's role in health & safety strategies:
Health and Safety for Directors: a Strategic ApproachDirector's safety role in agreeing and driving forward strategy. An opportunity to explore the benefits of a 'beyond compliance' approach.
Health and Safety for Directors: Core Actions at Board LevelConsideration of the essential principles of planning for health and safety, reflecting the importance of the topic as a corporate governance issue. Implications of Corporate Manslaughter and Homicide Act.
Health and Safety for Directors: Delivering the MessageExploration of directors' role in building health and safety into the organisation; adequate resources, access to competent advice, worker involvement at all levels.
Health and Safety for Directors: Monitoring and ReviewSignificance of adopting a practical approach to ensure health and safety issues are addressed competently and systematically.
Health and Safety for Directors: Inputs, Outputs and OutcomesReview of case studies, where the health and safety equation has been balanced.
For more pricing information, contact RoSPA.
RoSPA membership means savings across the full range of health and safety solutions:
- Up to 10% off all occupational safety in-company training, open courses, H&S auditing and consultancy services
- Up to 15% off entrance to RoSPA's Health and Safety Awards
- Up to 15% off RoSPA events, conferences and seminars
In house training
Choosing an in-house training solution demonstrates your commitment to occupational health and safety. By delivering this training course in house, RoSPA will help your organisation maintain effective and successful safety procedures that reflect your workplace culture.
Why study with the RoSPA?
- Over the last 90 years RoSPA has remained an instrumental force in every piece of UK safety legislation and continues to set the standard in training the next generation of health and safety professionals.
- Practically-based expert tuition from our professional CMIOSH-qualified trainers, many of whom hold the City & Guilds 7407 teaching qualification..
- RoSPA uses a delegate-centred approach which encourages high levels of participation and equips each delegate with skills which will benefit their employers when they return to work.
Be Inspired! Watch the Video
RoSPA's Infocentre houses a unique collection of safety-related documents and provides an extensive enquiry service on all aspects of safety and health. For RoSPA Members the service is free, included as part of the annual subscription.
Provider: The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents - RoSPA
RoSPA is widely regarded as the UK's leading voice in health and safety programme delivery, and is the longest running safety organisation with one of the widest selection of courses. RoSPA’s expertise ensures that delegates who complete their courses leave with a...
Request information - obligation free
Contact information for The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents - RoSPA
The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents - RoSPA
Find out more about this Director Involvement in Health and Safety course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!