Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and SafetyThe Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents - RoSPA
NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety - 6 weeks course by RoSPA
The NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety is the qualification of choice for professional health and safety practitioners, equipping holders for a career in this demanding and rewarding field.
It provides core health and safety knowledge which is transferable across industry, commerce and the public sector.
NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Learning Outcomes:
- The NEBOSH Diploma enables the holder to apply for membership of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) at Graduate level (GradIOSH) which, when combined with the necessary skills and experience, leads to Chartered Membership (CMIOSH)
- It allows holders to use the designatory letters DipNEBOSH and GradIOSH after their name
- Internationally-recognised professional qualification acknowledged and requested by employers
Suitability - Who should attend?
This NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety (Level 6) training course is designed for health and safety professionals seeking full IOSH membership (CMIOSH).
Prerequisites: There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification, however achievement of the NEBOSH National General Certificate (Level 3) or equivalent is highly recommended.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
On successful completion of Units A-D of this training course and assessments, delegates will be awarded a the NEBOSH Naational Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health. Holders of the Diploma will be entitled to use the designatory letters ‘DipOSH’ after their names.
Successful delegates will be eligible to apply to join the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) at a graduate level, depending on experience.
Training Course Content
This NEBOSH National Diploma consists of the following units:
Unit A – Managing health and safety (10 days)
- A1 Principles of health and safety management
- A2 Loss causation and incident investigation
- A3 Measuring and reviewing health and safety performance
- A4 Identifying hazards, assessing and evaluating risk
- A5 Risk control
- A6 Organisational factors
- A7 Human factors
- A8 Principles of health and safety law
- A9 Criminal law
- A10 Civil law
Unit B - Hazourdous agents in the workplace (10 days)
- B1 Principles of toxicology and epidemiology
- B2 Hazardous substances and other chemicals - assessment of risk
- B3 Hazardous substances and other chemicals - engineering controls and personal protective equipment
- B4 Monitoring and measuring
- B5 Biological agents
- B6 Physical agents (1) - noise and vibration
- B7 Physical agents (2) - radiation
- B8 Psychological agents
- B9 Musculoskeletal risks and controls
- B10 Work environment risks and controls
- B11 Managing occupational health
Unit C - Workplace and work equipment (10 days)
- C1 General workplace issues
- C2 Principles of fire and explosion
- C3 Workplace fire risk assessment
- C4 Storage, handling and processing of dangerous substances
- C5 Work equipment (general)
- C6 Work equipment (workplace machinery)
- C7 Work equipment (mobile, lifting and access)
- C8 Electrical safety and Electricity at Work Regulations 1989
- C9 Construction hazards and controls
- C10 Workplace transport and driving for work
- C11 Pressure system hazards and controls
Unit D - Application of health and safety theory and practice (assignment)
A workplace-based written assignment of around 8,000 words, marked by external examiners appointed by NEBOSH.
For more pricing information, contact RoSPA.
RoSPA membership means savings across the full range of health and safety solutions:
- Up to 10% off all occupational safety in-company training, open courses, H&S auditing and consultancy services
- Up to 15% off entrance to RoSPA's Health and Safety Awards
- Up to 15% off RoSPA events, conferences and seminars
In house training
Choosing an in-house training solution demonstrates your commitment to occupational health and safety. By delivering this training course in house, RoSPA will help your organisation maintain effective and successful safety procedures that reflect your workplace culture.
Be Inspired! Watch the Video
RoSPA's Infocentre houses a unique collection of safety-related documents and provides an extensive enquiry service on all aspects of safety and health. For RoSPA Members the service is free, included as part of the annual subscription.
Provider: The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents - RoSPA
RoSPA is widely regarded as the UK's leading voice in health and safety programme delivery, and is the longest running safety organisation with one of the widest selection of courses. RoSPA’s expertise ensures that delegates who complete their courses leave with a...
Request information - obligation free
Contact information for The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents - RoSPA
The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents - RoSPA
Reviews by course attendees
Find out more about this NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's first annual U.K. L&D Report!