Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
NVQ Level 5 Diploma in Occupational Health and SafetyThe Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents - RoSPA
NVQ Level 5 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
NVQ Level 5 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety - Flexible training in the workplace
The City & Guilds NVQ Level 5 Diploma is a work-based qualification suitable for those in a health and safety management role, which recognises a person's competence using on the job performance for assessment, rather than relying on examinations.
Delegates are given 2 years to complete the qualification, but it can be completed in as little as 4 months, enabling the holder to apply for membership of IOSH at Graduate level (GradIOSH) – a step towards Chartered Membership status (CMIOSH). Candidates use an online system to help with the process of putting together their portfolios and are mentored by a CMIOSH assessor throughout.
Suitability - Who should attend?
As the NVQ route is reliant upon the submission of evidence from a delegate's place of work, it is most appropriate for those who already have, or are in the process of gaining, practical experience as health and safety managers or in equivalent roles in managing health and safety at work.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
All delegates successfully completing the course in full will be awarded the NVQ Level 5 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety.
Key benefits of studying for the Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety with RoSPA
- It's a flexible option, which can be tailored to suit your individual needs
- Your mentor will support and guide you through the syllabus
- Progress at pace that suits your abilities and fits around your workplace demands using an online system* to help you put your portfolio together
- No structured classroom sessions
- Health and Safety practice could be improved within your organisation, for example, in improved organisational image, safer working conditions, increased staff motivation and morale and raised standards of working.
- Evidence submitted through RoSPA's online system and assessed against required competencies, all of which must be demonstrated
- Units of competence contain the national occupational standards for health and safety
- Successful candidates are awarded the City & Guilds NVQ Level 5 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
Training Course Content
This NVQ 5 Vocational Safety Diploma course will relate the following 10 units:
- Promoting a positive health and safety culture
- Developing and implementing a health and safety policy
- Developing and implementing effective communication systems for health and safety information
- Developing and maintaining individual and organisational competence in health and safety matters
- Identifying, assessing and controling health and safety risks
- Developing and implementing proactive monitoring systems for health and safety
- Developing and implementing reactive monitoring systems for health and safety
- Developing and implementingt health and safety emergency response systems and procedures
- Developing and implementing health and safety review systems
- Maintaining knowledge of improvements to influence health and safety practice
For more pricing information, contact RoSPA.
RoSPA membership means savings across the full range of health and safety solutions:
- Up to 10% off all occupational safety in-company training, open courses, H&S auditing and consultancy services
- Up to 15% off entrance to RoSPA's Health and Safety Awards
- Up to 15% off RoSPA events, conferences and seminars
In house training
Choosing an in-house training solution demonstrates your commitment to occupational health and safety. By delivering this training course in house, RoSPA will help your organisation maintain effective and successful safety procedures that reflect your workplace culture.
Be Inspired! Watch the Video
RoSPA's Infocentre houses a unique collection of safety-related documents and provides an extensive enquiry service on all aspects of safety and health. For RoSPA Members the service is free, included as part of the annual subscription.
Provider: The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents - RoSPA
RoSPA is widely regarded as the UK's leading voice in health and safety programme delivery, and is the longest running safety organisation with one of the widest selection of courses. RoSPA’s expertise ensures that delegates who complete their courses leave with a...
Request information - obligation free
Contact information for The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents - RoSPA
The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents - RoSPA
Find out more about this NVQ Level 5 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's first annual U.K. L&D Report!
There are no reviews available yet.