Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
CACHE Level 2 Certificate in The Principles of End of Life CareThe Skills Network
CACHE Level 2 Certificate in The Principles of End of Life Care - Online Course - The Skills Network - Funding available based on eligibility criteria.
This online training course covers the essentials of understanding and providing end of life care to others. The course has been designed to provide a comprehensive overview of both the concepts and practices of end of life care.
All course content has been designed to be relevant to the healthcare and social care sectors as well as private individuals seeking to care for loved ones. Additionally, this course provides a nationally recognised path to career development in end of life care.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This online training course has been developed for individuals with an interest in or need to care for others in their final stages of life, especially those who are already working in or intend to work in the healthcare or social care sector.
The course can be completed in 10-16 weeks on average.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be awarded the CACHE Level 2 Certificate in The Principles of End of Life Care.
No exams are required in order to complete this course.
Training Course Content
This online training course is divided into 6 units and will cover the following content:
Unit 1: Understand how to work in end of life care
- Different attitudes to death and dying
- The aims of and approaches to end of life care
- The support services available
Unit 2: Care planning in end of life care
- The holistic approach to end of life care, person-centred assessment and care planning considering the needs of individuals nearing the end of life
Unit 3: Understand how to provide support to manage pain and discomfort
- The knowledge and skills needed in order to provide support for managing pain and discomfort
- How to minimise pain
- The approaches to managing pain
Unit 4: End of life care and dementia
- The impact dementia can have on an individual’s end of life care
- How to support those individuals and their family and friends
Unit 5: Understanding the role of the care worker in time of death
- The role of a care worker around the time of death of an individual
- How to support an individual
- How to care for a deceased individual and legislation around this
Unit 6: Understand loss and grief in end of life care
- The process of loss and grief
- How to support people following bereavement
- How to manage their own feelings of loss and grief.
The course costs £225, which includes all of the learning resources and materials you will need to complete the course, it also includes the cost of registration and certification with the awarding body. You can either pay for the course in full in a single payment, which is required before you begin your study, or start a course using our flexible payment plans. Use our online calculator to work out your initial payment and subsequent payments to suit you.
Full customer service support is provided throughout the course.
Funding available based on eligibility criteria.
The Skills Network – Distance Learning Courses for Skills Development
The Skills Network is a market-leading training provider, delivering distance learning courses across a range of sectors. With a wide portfolio of highly flexible courses, The Skills Network supports employers and learners to develop their skills and achieve their goals. Whatever the...
Find out more about this CACHE Level 2 Certificate in The Principles of End of Life Care course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's first annual U.K. L&D Report!