Health and Safety in the Workplace CPD - Short online course - The Skills Network
This online training course explores workplace health and safety and practical measures that can be taken to improve the health and safety in your work environment. In just a couple of hours, this course will improve your knowledge of common workplace hazards and introduce practical actions that can be taken to prevent and mitigate risks in the workplace.
By participating in this course, you will demonstrate your interest in and commitment to a safety workplace. The course is delivered online and is designed in a self-paced format, making it a convenient solution for employee development.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This training course is ideal for professionals wishing to better understand how they can improve health and safety in their workplace, prevent common risks and understand how to behave under risky circumstances.
This course can be completed in 2 hours on average.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
No exams are required in order to complete this course.
Training Course Content
This course is divided into 4 parts and will cover the following content:
Section 1: Roles and responsibilities for health, safety and welfare at work
- Employers' and employees' duties relating to health, safety and welfare
- The requirements for training and competence and communicating health and safety information
Section 2: How risk assessments contribute to health and safety
- The meaning of 'hazard' and 'risk'
- How risk assessments are carried out
- How they reduce accidents and ill health
Section 3: Identifying and controlling risks from common workplace hazards
- Identifying hazards in the workplace
- Understanding how hazards cause harm or damage
- Knowing risk controls for common hazards
Section 4: Procedures for responding to accidents and incidents at work
- The common causes of accidents and ill health
- What actions to take following an incident at work
- The importance of recording incidents, accidents and ill health
The cost of this course is £25 + VAT per person.
Full customer service support is provided throughout the course.
The Skills Network – Distance Learning Courses for Skills Development
The Skills Network is a market-leading training provider, delivering distance learning courses across a range of sectors. With a wide portfolio of highly flexible courses, The Skills Network supports employers and learners to develop their skills and achieve their goals. Whatever the...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!