Level 2 Allergy Awareness for those Working in Adult Social Care - Free Online Course
Our Allergy Awareness course is split up into five units, two of which are mandatory and then you select one out of the three optional units, based on what is most relevant to you and your career/aspirations. Each unit is then split into smaller sections.
The qualification is suitable for a wide range of learners who wish to develop their knowledge and understanding of allergy awareness. It is designed for those who wish to understand allergies, the causes of allergies and what to do in case of an allergic reaction. There are three optional units which cater for those in different sectors: those who work in childcare (Unit 3), those who work with adults (Unit 4), and those who work in the service sector (Unit 5).
Why choose The Skills Network?
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Establish a long-standing career pathway within the health and social care sector
- This course is delivered via distance learning, allowing you to choose when and where you study
- Study will enhance both your personal skills and professional development
- Personal tutors are assigned to you to ensure you have the support needed to succeed.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is catered for those who work with adults.
Training Course Content
Unit 1: Allergens, allergies and intolerances (Mandatory)
- Section 1: Understand food allergens, allergies and intolerances.
- Section 2: Know the methods for allergy diagnosis and treatment.
- Section 3: Know the methods for intolerance diagnosis and treatment.
Unit 2: Food labelling and packaging (Mandatory)
- Section 1: Understand the importance of food labelling.
- Section 2: Understand regulations for food labelling.
- Section 3: Understand packaging regulations.
Unit 4: Allergy awareness for those working in adult health and social care (Optional)
- Section 1: Know the signs and effects of allergic reactions.
- Section 2: Understand how to reduce the risk of an allergic reaction.
Why choose The Skills Network
Extensive range of online courses
Over 30,000 learners gaining accredited qualifications each year
Award-winning learning solutions
For Individuals or Private People
This course is free of charge if you meet the criteria for funding. To be eligible for funding you must be aged 19 or over, have been living in the European Union for the last 3 years and have not previously completed the course you are wanting to enroll on.
If you do not meet the criteria for funding, you can still "Click to apply" and you will be able to purchase the course.
For Employers or Group Funding Requests
Funding is available for adult education courses across a range of sectors. At no cost to your organisation, your staff can excel in their role with a nationally recognised qualification.
Our goal is to smoothly and quickly help you to apply for this funding. Fill in your details below to get started today.
The Skills Network – Distance Learning Courses for Skills Development
The Skills Network is a market-leading training provider, delivering distance learning courses across a range of sectors. With a wide portfolio of highly flexible courses, The Skills Network supports employers and learners to develop their skills and achieve their goals. Whatever the...
There are no reviews available yet.