Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of the Mental Health Care Worker - Free Online CourseThe Skills Network
Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of the Mental Health Care Worker - Free Online Course
This course will equip you with a detailed understanding of mental health and mental health issues, the principles of the mental health care worker, approaches to care and management and the duty of care in adult health and social care, and change and support in relation to mental health.
This qualification is aimed at anyone looking to develop their understanding of mental health and the role of the mental health care worker. This qualification covers the skills and knowledge needed to understand approaches to care and management in mental health, the duty of care, and the principles a mental health care worker is required to have.
Why choose The Skills Network?
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Establish a long-standing career pathway within the health and social care sector
- This course is delivered via distance learning, allowing you to choose when and where you study
- Study will enhance both your personal skills and professional development
- Personal tutors are assigned to you to ensure you have the support needed to succeed.
Training Course Content
Unit 1: Mental Health and Mental Health Issues
- Section 1: The concept of mental health
- Section 2: Common types of mental health problems and illnesses
- Section 3: The legislation and guidance that applies to those with mental health problems.
Unit 2: Principles of the Mental Health Care Worker
- Section 1: The different roles and responsibilities for working in mental health
- Section 2: How continuous professional development improves own practice
- Section 3: How own well-being improves practice
- Section 4: The Mental Capacity Act 2005 when Working in Mental Health Care
Unit 3: Approaches to Care and Management in Mental Health
- Section 1: The key features of the care planning process
- Section 2: Aspects of good practice in the care planning process.
Unit 4: Understand Duty of Care in Adult Health and Social Care
- Section 1: What is meant by "duty of care"
- Section 2: Dilemmas and conflicts relating to duty of care
- Section 3: How to recognise and report unsafe practices
- Section 4: The impact of own actions on individuals and others
- Section 5: The importance of consent in health and social care practice.
Unit 5: Understanding Change and Support in Relation to Mental Health
- Section 1: How mental health change occurs
- Section 2: The role of others in the individual's mental health change
- Section 3: The treatment options available to manage mental health problems
- Section 4: How to access information to support understanding of mental health issues.
Why choose The Skills Network
Extensive range of online courses
Over 30,000 learners gaining accredited qualifications each year
Award-winning learning solutions
For Individuals or Private People
This course is free of charge if you meet the criteria for funding. To be eligible for funding you must be aged 19 or over, have been living in the European Union for the last 3 years and have not previously completed the course you are wanting to enroll on.
If you do not meet the criteria for funding, you can still "Click to apply" and you will be able to purchase the course.
For Employers or Group Funding Requests
Funding is available for adult education courses across a range of sectors. At no cost to your organisation, your staff can excel in their role with a nationally recognised qualification.
Our goal is to smoothly and quickly help you to apply for this funding. Fill in your details below to get started today.
This qualification can support progression to employment and progression within employment for the job roles including:
- Care assistant
- Personal care assistant
- Adult social care relief team worker
- Night care assistant
- Support worker (supported living)
- Home care support worker
- Healthcare support service worker
- Clinical healthcare support worker
- Healthcare assistant
- Mental health support/outreach worker.
The Skills Network – Distance Learning Courses for Skills Development
The Skills Network is a market-leading training provider, delivering distance learning courses across a range of sectors. With a wide portfolio of highly flexible courses, The Skills Network supports employers and learners to develop their skills and achieve their goals. Whatever the...
There are no reviews available yet.