Personal development program for returners to the workplace - Fresh Steps
Returning to work or reassessing the future
Returners & experienced workers can help refocus for the next phase of their working and personal life. It is a way for organisations to attract workers returning to work from maternity, paternity or long-term sick leave. It can also be a tool for people who are re-evaluating their career direction or their life priorities. Employers can also use it as part of any redundancy package.
Most of us who have been in work for some years find ourselves living with the consequences of decisions we may have made many years ago. However, our circumstances many now have changed and our work and personal goals may need to change as well.
Fresh Steps is an innovative personal and work development course which enables people to review their professional progress, reassess their priorities and direction and to set and achieve new personal and work goals.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Who is it designed for ?
Fresh Steps is for anyone at work who wants to reassess where they are in their lives and work, review their priorities, explore new possibilities and set new goals.
For employers who understand the trends in demographics, legislation and employment, and who want to access the untapped potential and intellectual capital in their staff. Fresh Steps can provide employers with support for returners, staff changing career direction or re-motivation as well as redundancy provision.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
What can I expect to gain from the programme?
Results from the programme vary from person to person as everyone sets their own aims and objectives. Some people concentrate on moving onwards in their careers, whilst others prefer to focus on their quality of life outside work. Most have their own unique blend of both personal and work objectives.
Participants walk away from fresh Stepswith a new spring in their step, open to new challenges and with a renewed sense of optimism and purpose.
Employers are delighted with participants’ renewed enthusiasm and engagement in their work, coupled with a ‘can-do’ attitude to life.
Results after Course
- Fresh Steps participants say they have gained support to make changes:100%
- Fresh Steps participants say they have identified areas for further development: 98%
- Fresh Steps participants say they now have specific goals they want to achieve: 93%
- Fresh Steps participants say they now have renewed motivation and interest in their work: 85%
Training Course Content
What does the programme consist of?
Delivered over six weeks, Fresh Steps consists of five simple, yet powerful, parts:
- a two-day workshop followed by a one-day workshop
- a wide-ranging information-gathering project, in between the workshops, specifically tailored to each individual’s requirements
- a comprehensive, useful and well-produced folder of course materials
- an especially recorded MP3 of downloadable materials
- peer group support and networking
The Programme covers:
- successfully dealing with change
- identifying what you want from work
- reassessing changing values
- inter-generational working
- setting goals
- your health issues
- the importance of exercise and relaxation
- recognising success
- relationships with other people
- clearing whatever is holding you back
- gathering information
- relaunching yourself
- presenting your experience positively
- turning your goals into reality
The Springboard Consultancy
Springboard Consultancy, with 30+ years of global experience is a provider of solutions for developing individuals personally and professionally, through embedding knowledge and skills which transform organisations. We work with industry advancing equality, diversity and inclusion. We develop enterprise and...
Average rating 5Based on 6 reviews
Find out more about this Personal development program for returners to the workplace - Fresh Steps course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
Corporate Training for Teams
280 GBP-480 GBP