Professional Cyber Security Technologist Course
Whether you’re focussed on technology or risk analysis, you’ll need to obtain relevant certificates that prove your knowledge to prospective employers. You’ll need to develop your theory in concepts that include security, confidentiality and those related to IT infrastructure.
You’ll be applying your understanding of cyber threats, hazards, risks, controls and measures to protect your business systems and the people who use them. As someone who’s responsible for the safety of computer networks and systems, your role will prove vital in any company.
What Can I Expect to Do as a Cyber Security Technologist?
In your role as a Cyber Security Technologist, you’ll maintain the security systems of computer networks through testing and virus protection - crucial for any company! As you’ll oversee the company’s computing security, you’ll need to draw on your communication skills to advise other teams on the necessary precautions to prevent security attacks.
A typical day will see you adding new software to security files, performing security tests and keeping virus protection systems up to date. Want to further your professional development and boost your colleagues’ skills? You may find yourself training others on security procedures and updating them on changes to programming and instances of security violation.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Get qualified with certificates in:
- CompTIA ITF+
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
- CompTIA CySA+
- CompTIA PenTest+
Training Course Content
CompTIA ITF+ (IT Fundamentals)
- Core Hardware Components
- Peripherals and Connectors
- Computing Devices and the Internet of Things
- Operating Systems
- Software Applications
- Software Development
- Database Fundamentals
- Networking Concepts and Technologies
- Security Concepts and Threats
- Security Best Practices
- Business Continuity and Computer Support
- Motherboards and CPUs
- Computer power supplies
- Computer expansion
- Physical storage
- Input-output devices
- Display Devices
- Operating systems
- Windows management
- Network basics
- Network cables and connectors
- Network protocols
- Wireless networking
- Windows networking
- Virtualization and cloud computing
- Mobile devices
- Security principles
- Security technologies
- Securing devices and data
- SOHO network configuration
- Printers and multi-function print devices
- Custom computers
- Operational procedures
- Introduction to Networks
- The Open Systems Interconnection Specifications
- Networking Topologies, Connectors, and Wiring Standards
- The Current Ethernet Specifications
- Networking Devices
- Introduction to the Internet Protocol
- IP Addressing
- IP Subnetting, Troubleshooting IP, and Introduction to NAT
- Introduction to IP Routing
- Routing Protocols
- Switching and Virtual LANs
- Wireless Networking
- Authentication and Access Control
- Network Threats and Mitigation
- Physical Security and Risk
- Wide Area Networks
- Troubleshooting Tools
- Software and Hardware Tools
- Network Troubleshooting
- Management, Monitoring, and Optimization
- Measuring and Weighing Risk
- Monitoring and Diagnosing Networks
- Understanding Devices and Infrastructure
- Access Control, Authentication, and Authorization
- Protecting Wireless Networks
- Securing the Cloud
- Host, Data, and Application Security
- Malware, Vulnerabilities, and Threats
- Social Engineering and Other Foes
- Security Administration
- Disaster Recovery and Incident Response
Plus choose 1 additional unit from the options below:
- CompTIA CySA+ (Cyber Security Analyst)
- CompTIA PenTest+ (Penetration testing)
Course delivery details
- Take your learning online and progress through your studies in as little as 3 months.
- Be supported throughout your studies with our specialist tutors.
- You can dip into your course when it suits you, and be on your way to achieving success as a Cyber Security Technologist quicker than you’d expect.
Why choose The Training Room
Unlimited Interviews for Graduates
Dedicated Career Support for 3 Years
We've Been Providing Vocational Training for 14 Years
The Training Room
Here at The Training Room we are specialists at connecting people with opportunities by providing focused, thorough training and an invaluable careers service. Whether you want to be a Personal Trainer, develop a career in IT or Education & Teaching...
Find out more about this Professional Cyber Security Technologist Course course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
495 GBP-522 GBP
City of London