Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Manual Handling Awareness - Accredited Course and Industry RecognisedThe Training Terminal
There are several regulations in place to safeguard staff working in the hospitality sector when carrying out tasks which involve lifting and moving heavy items. It is important that you are adequately trained in manual handling procedures and you are fully aware of ‘The Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992’.
A number of accidents occur in the workplace each year as a direct result of poor manual handling practices or insufficient training. Our Manual Handling Awareness Course will provide you with the required training to understand the risk commonly associated with manual handling, how to conduct a risk assessment and how to implement comprehensive control and safety measures.
As with all of our courses, you log in to your personal training page and then you can access the course directly on your computer. Each course is presented in succinct and easy to follow sections covering the above topics. At the end of each there will be a short test followed by a longer assessment at the end of the course. Complete 21 of the 30 questions correctly and you can download and print your CPD certificate as a PDF.
Duration and Time Limit
The duration of this course should be approximately 2 – 3 hours depending on how quickly you progress through the material.
Upon completion of the end of course assessment you can download a PDF certificate accredited by the CPD.
We only work with the very best
Our training courses are written and managed by hospitality professionals with many years experience in their field. You will be learning from the best and you will come away from your training inspired by mentors who understand your aspirations and requirements.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for all employees, from junior staff to supervisors. Anyone who is required to carry out manual handling tasks such as the transportation of items or heavy lifting will benefit from our training:
- Warehouse staff
- Manual Labourers
- Logistics Staff
- Construction Site Employees
- Delivery Personnel
- Farm Assistants
Training Course Content
The manual handling course will cover the following units:
- Legislation – This unit will explore the term ‘manual handling’ and look specifically at why injuries happen, the advantages of risk management, legislation and health and safety duties
- Risk Identification – Identifying the types of injury caused by manual handling can be important to reducing the risk. The unit will also cover high risk occupations, movement and looking after the musculoskeletal system
- Assessing Risk – This unit will help you to understand what a risk assessment is, how you can identify risks in the workplace, record findings and keep up to date records of risk
- Risk Reduction – One of the best ways to control risk is to reduce and where possible eliminate it all together. This unit will help you to prepare a set of control measures and identify how manual handling tasks can be avoided
- Correct Techniques – Knowing how to complete manual handling tasks correctly can reduce and remove the risk of injury or accident. This unit will equip you with the expertise in carrying, pushing, pulling and lifting from low levels
Provider: The Training Terminal
The Training Terminal offers a fresh approach to hospitality training courses that will leave you fully prepared for the employment path that you have ahead. Whether you are completing courses as a statutory part of your work or you want...