Picture Framing - Basics of FramingThe UK School of Framing - Part of DIY Framing Ltd
During the day you will be taken through the whole process of designing, planning and making a frame for one of your own pictures. Although this is DIY framing, it is certainly not a "bodged" solution and you will amaze yourself at the quality and dynamic, creative style you can achieve starting from scratch.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Suitable for beginners and anyone who has some framing experience.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Certificate of Attendance
Training Course Content
- Identifying the key elements of a framed picture
- How to cut a mount, using specialised tools, for the mounting of a picture
- Some basic ways of attaching a picture to the mount
- Cutting moulding and joining sections to create a frame for the mounted picture
- Finding out about simple options for adding a finish to the frame
- Cutting glass and backing board to fit the frame then assembling the framed picture, including sealing the picture back and adding a hanging cord
We provide all tools, materials, tea, coffee and a full training manual.
Following on from this course we offer 6 next level courses to help you to build up your framing repertoire:
Adding Decorative Finishes to Frames
Stretching and Framing Canvas-Based Artwork
Sport Shirt and Clothing Framing
- 3D Framing
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
The UK School of Framing - Part of DIY Framing Ltd
For fun or profit learning to frame can be a really rewarding skill. After years struggling to find a suitable course in his quest to become a framer the founder, Duncan McDonald, built a package of courses. The UK School...
Average rating 4.5Based on 2 reviews.
Find out more about this Picture Framing - Basics of Framing course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!