Picture Framing - Conservation FramingThe UK School of Framing - Part of DIY Framing Ltd
This course will take students through many of the underlying principles of this type of project as well as guiding them through a specific project to illustrate it.
You will learn about 4 important principles:
- choice of framing materials;
- creating a barrier to defined contaminants;
- reversibility of any actions taken;
- handling and caring for artwork throughout the framing process.
You will follow a framing process where, at each stage, the implications of conservation requirements will be illustrated and solutions demonstrated. You will then put this into practice through your own framing project. You will find that, as well as knowing how to frame more valuable pieces of work with increased confidence, you will acquire a whole range of skills, techniques and ideas that will help with many other framing projects.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This principles covered follow on from those in our Art and Photography Framing Weekend. You will need some experience of framing and the tools and terminology used. Our Basics of Framing one day workshop would give you this.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Certificate of Attendance
Training Course Content
Skills of specific importance in conservation framing will be developed. These include:
- Choice of mountboard for conservation
- Creating a mount package with a hinged window mount
- Methods of attachment of artwork (emphasis on being able to reverse a process, using minimal contact)
- Creating a "sealed environment" for artwork (including glazing)
- Adding a dust cover to the back of the framed package
- Providing a pocket for provenance or information about artwork
We provide all tools, materials, tea, coffee and a full training manual.
We offer 5 other courses to help you to build up your framing repertoire:
Adding Decorative Finishes to Frames
Stretching and Framing Canvas-Based Artwork
Sport Shirt and Clothing Framing
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
The UK School of Framing - Part of DIY Framing Ltd
For fun or profit learning to frame can be a really rewarding skill. After years struggling to find a suitable course in his quest to become a framer the founder, Duncan McDonald, built a package of courses. The UK School...
Find out more about this Picture Framing - Conservation Framing course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
Leisure / Fun Classes