Online MSc One HealthThe University of Glasgow
Online MSc One Health
All available course dates
Online MSc One Health
In the face of escalating global healthcare issues, we must take an integrated approach to health and consider humans, animals, plants and the environment as one connected whole.
The World Health Organization, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, the World Organization for Animal Health and other organizations endorse the concept of One Health. In order to achieve better health outcomes, One Health links ideas, research and policies from multiple sectors.
Our online MSc in One Health offers you a chance to be part of this exciting new field. Whether you're from a medical, environmental, economic or social science background, at our world-class institution, we will give you the necessary knowledge, understanding and skills to work in a One Health context and help improve health for all.
Our online One Health MSc program seeks to explore an integrative approach to human, veterinary and ecological health, recognizing the importance of interdisciplinary collaborations and the interconnectedness of public health, environmental issues, veterinary and human medicine.
Throughout the distance learning program, we also raise awareness of cultural and societal factors that influence how One Health approaches are translated into practice.
Suitability - Who should attend?
- Entry requirements: 2:1 or equivalent from a recognized institution.
- International students: Applicants must have an IELTS score of 6.5 with no less than 6.0 in any band.
Training Course Content
In this program, you will learn to:
- Recognize and discuss the interdisciplinary nature of the One Health framework.
- Appraise the interdependence of human, veterinary, public and ecological health.
- Demonstrate a critical awareness of current issues and priorities in the field of One Health.
- Explain emerging disease dynamics and discuss the management of emerging disease threats.
- Critically discuss the integrated interventions required to improve access to healthcare.
- Explain the causation, pathogenesis, clinical features, diagnosis, management, and control of relevant infectious diseases within a One Health framework.
- Appraise epidemiological approaches used to understand the health of animal and human populations.
Studying a 100% online program gives you the flexibility to study at a time and place that suits you. Furthermore, the program’s modular structure gives you the flexibility to choose a line of study to suit your interests or career goals covering a number of science and health-related fields.
Supported by cross-discipline lecturers, you can follow routes ranging from veterinary health and service delivery to antimicrobial resistance and infectious disease control. Thanks to the multidisciplinary nature of the program, you’ll benefit from sharing your interests and experiences with students from other healthcare program. At the end of the program, you’ll have the opportunity to apply your knowledge and special interests by undertaking a project of your choice.
The University of Glasgow
Fueled by cutting-edge research from one of the world’s top 100 universities (QS World University Rankings 2020), the University of Glasgow will help you hone your skills for a range of life-changing careers. It doesn’t matter where you live or...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!