MSc Real Estate (Blended online course)The University of Manchester
MSc Real Estate (Blended online course)
All available course dates
MSc Real Estate
MSc Real Estate Blended Learning is a fast-track conversion course that allows you to gain the necessary framework of knowledge, understanding and skills to pursue a successful career in real estate.
Core course units provide a solid grounding in real estate from the perspectives of investor, developer, occupier and broader society.
Optional course units allow you to tailor the course to your professional interests.
The course builds on the established strengths of the School of Environment, Education and Development (SEED), and has a particular focus on the social and environmental aspects of property, alongside the economic factors.
You'll therefore develop a comprehensive understanding of the role of real estate in society, business and, particularly, to the end-user. Underpinning our course is the belief that a long-term perspective is essential to the successful development and management of real estate assets.
Commercial awareness is also at the heart of the course: recent research has highlighted the need for surveyors to provide leadership in solving business problems rather than simply providing traditional technical skills, and we take a problem-based learning approach to embed commercial awareness throughout.
The impact of globalisation and sustainability on real estate practice is also reflected throughout the course, with opportunities to examine legal and regulatory frameworks and property markets on an international basis.
Real estate practice is complex and this course reflects the need to effectively utilise a broad base of knowledge and skills. It will actively encourages you to develop connections between the knowledge and understanding garnered in one unit with that in another through careful design of learning materials and assignments.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Minimum 2:1 Honours degree (or international equivalent).
Applicants whose first language is not English must meet the following language requirements:
- IELTS Test score of 6.5 or more overall, with a minimum score of 6.5 in writing and a minimum score of 6.0 in the other subsections, or
- TOEFL internet-based test score of 90 or more overall, with a minimum writing score of 22 and no other subsection below 20, or
- Pearson Test of English score of 59 or more overall, with a minimum score of 59 in writing and a minimum score of 51 in the other subsections, or
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE) or Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) overall score of 176 or above, with 176 in writing and no sub-section below 169 -OR- Grade C if taken before January 2015
Who is this course for?
This is a fast-track conversion course, specifically for those who would like more real estate knowledge to apply to their place of work, or who want a change of career into the real estate sector.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Master of Science (MSc)
You will learn how to:
- develop the commercial awareness skills you need to provide leadership in solving business problems;
- build a framework of knowledge, understanding and skills to enable you to take a leading role in addressing the challenges facing the real estate industry;
- draw on the world-class research and practical experience of the School of Environment, Education and Development;
- develop a solid grounding in real estate from the perspectives of investor, developer, occupier and broader society
- To provide students with a framework of knowledge, understanding and skills to enable graduates to take a leading role in addressing the challenges facing the real estate industry.
- To develop students' capacity for critical thinking and ability to present sound, well-justified arguments and solutions to complex problems, recognising the interconnected nature of real estate practice.
- To draw on the world-class research and practical experience of the School of Environment, Education and Development, together with our excellent links with business and the public sector, to enable students to explore new insights into the areas of sustainable development and strategic management of the built environment.
- To facilitate student learning by providing an intellectually challenging and stimulating learning environment, involving both independent and collaborative project work.
- To be highly relevant to future employment in the real estate industry, with a strong focus on developing commercial awareness and to produce graduates who have a wider understanding of their responsibilities as global citizens.
- As an RICS accredited degree, to enable graduates to embark on the Assessment of Professional Competence which leads, after successful completion of a two year period of practical experience, to membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
Training Course Content
- Real estate markets
- Property valuation
- Planning for future cities
- Land and development
- Real estate investment and finance
- Strategic asset management
- Project based enquiry
choose one of three options
- Real estate law in practice
- Real estate modelling
- Corporate real estate project
Course delivery details
MSc Real Estate is a blended learning programme. Course content is delivered online using web-enabled technology systems. You’ll have the opportunity to meet academics who teach the course, engage with the course materials and network with your peers alongside face-to-face, three-day workshops hosted twice a year in Manchester.
Please visit our website for detailed pricing information.
Our graduates have gone on to successful careers in areas including environmental management and consultancy, urban planning and design, real estate development, urban and regional development policy, central and local government, international development, energy and water, non-governmental organisations, and research.
Top employers of our Planning and Environmental Management graduates include AECOM, Arup, Atkins, BP, EDF Energy, the Environment Agency, Jacobs, and Rolls-Royce.
If you decide not to follow a vocational career, your wide knowledge base and transferable skills in problem-solving, strategic thinking, teamwork, creativity and communication fit what most employers are seeking.
The University of Manchester
Part of the prestigious Russell Group of universities, The University of Manchester is recognized across the globe for its research and teaching quality, covering undergraduate and postgraduates programs, as well as specially designed online and blended learning courses to allow...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
1,750 GBP-2,000 GBP
Corporate Training for Teams
1,250 GBP-1,500 GBP