PGCert Healthcare Ethics
Inform your decision-making
Study the theory that underpins effective decision making in practice and develop your critical analysis skills. Our range of flexible, interdisciplinary courses will deepen your understanding of ethical and legal issues in healthcare and will help to build your confidence when faced with complex dilemmas.
The combination of online delivery with consistent support from our experienced and approachable academics will enable you to study while you work.
What you will learn
Studying one of our courses will help you to develop your understanding of ethical and legal issues in a range of real-world scenarios, and a diverse range of contexts. Whether it's allocating healthcare resources, protecting patients' rights, handling patients' consent, matters relating to prolonging life, or issues around reproductive choices, our courses will help you develop your understanding and enhance your decision-making.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Postgraduate Certificate (PGCert) applicants must hold a minimum of a Lower Second (2.2) class honours degree. In exceptional circumstances candidates who do not have first degree, but who can demonstrate professional competence, may be admitted.
- IELTS - overall score of 7, including 7 in writing with no further component score below 6.5
- TOEFL IBT 103 with 28 in writing and no further score below 25 in each section. TOEFL code for Manchester is 0757
- Pearson - overall 73 with 73 in writing and no further score below 66
Who this course is for
Whether you are a healthcare professional, work in law and regulation or are a graduate with an interest in healthcare ethics and law, our range of courses will enable you to develop your understanding of these fields and support your professional development.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Course learning aims
- To offer you the opportunity to gain a comprehensive knowledge and firm understanding of healthcare ethics and healthcare law.
- Provide you with the opportunity to gain the skills needed to apply your understanding to real-world scenarios in a diverse range of contexts.
- Help develop the skills needed for research and academic writing.
How it will benefit your career
- Receive the highest quality of teaching in healthcare ethics and healthcare law with an interdisciplinary approach.
- Gain the skills and knowledge needed to apply ethical and legal approaches to real-world scenarios.
- Develop your skills in understanding and presenting clear, robust and defendable arguments in response to complex, ethical and legal questions.
Training Course Content
The range of Healthcare Ethics and Law courses aim to bring you the highest quality of training in healthcare ethics and healthcare law in a flexible and interdisciplinary way, thus catering to the practical needs of healthcare and legal professionals and those in related fields.
You will study a wide variety of ethical and legal subjects in both a domestic and global context, including autonomy, consent, refusal of treatment, mental capacity, confidentiality, the moral status of the foetus, resource allocation, genetic testing, genome sequencing, clinical negligence, organ and tissue transplantation, fertility treatment, genetic manipulation, research ethics, disability screening, euthanasia and end of life care.
- Philosophical Bioethics
- Research Ethics
- Ethics, Genetics and Genomics
Course delivery details
100% online courses developed to fit around your lifestyle and circumstances.
Please visit our website for detailed pricing information.
The University of Manchester
Part of the prestigious Russell Group of universities, The University of Manchester is recognized across the globe for its research and teaching quality, covering undergraduate and postgraduates programs, as well as specially designed online and blended learning courses to allow...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!