PGCert Skin Ageing and Aesthetic Medicine
The Skin Ageing and Aesthetic Medicine PG Cert provides qualified medical and dental practitioners with an in-depth knowledge encompassing the science of skin ageing and aesthetics, the application of evidence-based practice, and the clinical assessment and management of patients presenting with aesthetic problems
This course has been aligned to the Health Education England (HEE)'s recommended qualification requirements for practitioners delivering cosmetic procedures. It aims to support practitioners in the critical analysis of a range of evidence-based interventions for patients seeking aesthetic procedures and strategies for systematic implementation and evaluation of these in the provision of patient-centred, safe and high quality care.
Learners will engage in a range state of the art e-learning techniques to understand the fundamentals of skin ageing, the science, and application and evidence based use of skin rejuvenation techniques, injectables in aesthetic medicine (dermal fillers and Botulinum toxins) and Lasers in aesthetic medicine.
Suitability - Who should attend?
We require a medical or dental degree (eg MBBS, BDS, LDS, BDChB) or overseas equivalent from an institution that is recognised and approved by the UK General Medical Council (GMC) or the General Dental Council (GDC).
We require a minimum of:
- IELTS: minimum 6.5 overall with 6.0 in writing, or equivalent
- TOEFL: 575 paper-based
- TOEFL: 230 computer-based (with a minimum score in the Test of Written English of 6.0)
- TOEFL: 90 internet-based (with a minimum score of 22 in each component)
Who is this course for?
Our course units in Skin Ageing and Aesthetic Medicine are specifically designed to support the professional development of qualified medical or dental practitioners. While continuing to practice, you’ll advance your scientific and clinical knowledge in non-surgical treatments for skin ageing.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Postgraduate Certificate/CPD Units
You will learn how to:
- develop a working knowledge of frameworks for safe and competent practice;
- assess patients’ requirements and suitability for aesthetic intervention;
- understand and critically evaluate the evidence base behind minimally invasive procedures including rejuvenation techniques, dermal fillers, botulinum toxin injections and lasers;
- take an evidence-based approach to anti-ageing strategies in aesthetic medicine and practice.
This qualification will enable you to develop enhanced knowledge and skills including:
- the application of skin anatomy and physiology in relation to aesthetics and ageing;
- an ability to assess patients' requirements and suitability for aesthetic intervention;
- an ability to critically appraise quality research in aesthetic medicine related to skin ageing;
- a critical understanding of the psychosocial impact of skin ageing on individuals;
- develop a working knowledge of frameworks for safe and competent practice including effective communication, assessment, management, implementation and evaluation;
- the application of consent and ethical practice in aesthetic medicine;
- a knowledge of minimally invasive aesthetic procedures including rejuvenation techniques, dermal fillers, botulinum toxin injections and some lasers;
- The assessment and treatment of complications of these procedures;
- develop an evidence based approach to anti-ageing strategies in aesthetic medicine and practice.
Training Course Content
- Fundamentals of Skin Ageing
- Skin Rejuvenation
- Injectables in Aesthetic Medicine
- Lasers in Aesthetic Medicine
Please visit our website for detailed pricing information.
The University of Manchester
Part of the prestigious Russell Group of universities, The University of Manchester is recognized across the globe for its research and teaching quality, covering undergraduate and postgraduates programs, as well as specially designed online and blended learning courses to allow...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!