Data Analytics Boot Camp (Boot Camp / Online and Face to Face Learning)
Suitability - Who should attend?
- You must be over 18 years of age.
- You must have a GCSE grade A-C or 9-4 in Maths.
- You must have passed the admissions interview, coding test and academic interview.
Is the programme right for you
- Are you a creative, curious, and ambitious individual looking to join the data revolution? If so — or if any of the following describes your situation — enrolling in our boot camp could be the opportunity you’ve been seeking:
- You are currently a professional working with data, but are looking to advance your career by building technical skills
- You are a manager or professional in a business where data can be used to boost your company’s bottom line
- You have interests in visualising social, consumer, or popular trends
- You are looking to enter a new field — healthcare, government, or media, for example — and are looking for a way to jump in
- You are looking for a comprehensive data course that fits with a busy lifestyle or current 9-5 employment
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
- University of Birmingham Data Analytics Boot Camp puts thestudentexperience first, teaching you the knowledge and skills to collect, analyse, and visualise big data.
- Work together with your peers to tackle complex projects and get hands-on training through experiential learning opportunities.
- Complete projects using real data sets from the worlds of finance, healthcare, government, social welfare, and more—allowing you to build a strong portfolio with a professional demonstration of mastery.
- Receive a Certificate of Completion from University of Birmingham, showcasing you accomplishment to future employers.
- Benefit from a wide array ofcareer support serviceslike CV and social media profile support, technical interview preparation, portfolio reviews, soft skills training, and coaching from our dedicated career services team to help further your career.
Training Course Content
Excel Crash Course
Learn to do more with Microsoft Excel. In this module, well cover advanced topics like statistical modeling, forecasting and prediction, pivot tables, and VBA scripting. Youll even learn to model historic stock trends -- and hopefully, learn to beat the market!
Python Data Analytics
Gain a strong foothold in one of todays fundamental programming languages. In the course of this module, youll gain deep proficiencies with core Python, data analytic tools like NumPy, Pandas, Matplotlib, and specific libraries for interacting with web data like Requests and Beautiful Soup.
Work with PostgreSQL and MongoDB to organize data into well-structured and easily retrievable data formats.
By programmes end, youll be immersed in new and in-demand topics like Tableau, Hadoop, and Machine Learning.
Bring everything that you have learned in class altogether to create an impressive data-visualization application with a small team. Get creative and come up with something cool to show off to the whole world!
Course delivery details
Time commitment: 10-12 hours per week
You will have access to career services that will help you prepare for technical roles after graduation such as: Career content and practice sessions; Online career events with industry professionals; Soft skills training; One-on-one career coaching
University of Birmingham
The University of Birmingham has been challenging and developing great minds for more than a century. Characterised by a tradition of innovation, research at the University has broken new ground, pushed forward the boundaries of knowledge and made an impact...