Postgraduate Award in Science and Technology LeadershipUniversity of Liverpool Continuing Professional Development
Postgraduate Award in Science and Technology Leadership
The demand for skilled and experienced leaders who can guide their firms to compete in today’s highly competitive, fast-paced, global, Science and Technology based economy has never been higher. This course will develop the leadership skills necessary for scientists and engineers to exercise leadership, responsibility and initiative throughout their career.
The aims of this course are to:
- Introduce the principles and practice of leadership
- Explore what it means to be an ethical leader
- Examine effective techniques for presenting the outcomes of technical investigations and projects for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Explore and discuss issues associated with producing high-quality and well-regarded technical work that leads to a recognised reputation.
The Award in Science and Technology Leadership is a 35 credit programme consisting of four 5-credit modules plus a 15-credit embedded assignment performed within the delegate’s organisation. The modular structure of the programme allows for delegates to complete the programme at a pace to suit their own needs and commitments within a period of 9 to 24 months.
The modules are:
- Science Leadership and Ethics
- Influencing Technical Decision-Makers
- Evidence Based Scientific Writing
- Scientific Impact and Reputation
- Applied Technical Quality
Suitability - Who should attend?
The programme has been designed to enable existing and aspiring junior and mid-level career scientists and engineers within government research laboratories or large private sector science and technology research and development divisions to create organisational and personal impacts.
The cost of this course is £6996.
University of Liverpool Continuing Professional Development
The business landscape has changed. More than ever, businesses need to ensure that they provide innovative training for their best talent, in order to compete on a global scale. A major priority for organisations of all sizes is to retain...
Average rating 5Based on 1 reviews
Find out more about this Postgraduate Award in Science and Technology Leadership course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!