Scientific Impact & ReputationUniversity of Liverpool Continuing Professional Development
Scientific Impact & Reputation
In an increasingly competitive scientific environment, organisational and individual reputation for quality excellence matters more than ever. Centred around a one day intensive seminar this course analyses:
- what constitutes high quality technical work
- how an organisation establishes a strong technical reputation
- the route to becoming a highly regarded technical expert.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is for mid-level career scientists and engineers seeking to enhance the impact of their work and develop their personal and organisation’s technical reputation.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
On successful completion of this course, participants will be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of:
- How established techniques of research and enquiry are used to create and interpret knowledge
- The role standards play in achieving technical excellence
- The personal leadership qualities that are required to establish and maintain an organisations technical reputation
Training Course Content
Intensive Seminar - 10am – 6pm
Facilitated by academic experts and Science & Technology leaders from industry, delegates will undertake a sequenced timetable at the University of Liverpool:
- Seminar on high quality technical work
- Individual exercise on excellence
- Roundtable discussion on technical quality
- Individual essay plan review with tutor
- Seminar: establishing a reputation
- Panel discussion: path to a highly regarded expert/leader.
- Reflections on day and further essay plan feedback.
Pre and Post Intensive Seminar
- 6 hours pre-reading
- 2 hours essay plan preparation
- 1,500 word reflective essay on leadership and quality
- Lectures and further reading available through course e-learning platform.
The cost of this course is £750.
University of Liverpool Continuing Professional Development
The business landscape has changed. More than ever, businesses need to ensure that they provide innovative training for their best talent, in order to compete on a global scale. A major priority for organisations of all sizes is to retain...
Average rating 5Based on 1 reviews
Find out more about this Scientific Impact & Reputation course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
Corporate Training for Teams