IELTS Preparation Courses
Take an IELTS Preparation Course to boost your English language skills while familiarising yourself with the IELTS exam format and requirements.
Our IELTS course will give you:
- training to improve your reading, writing, listening and speaking skills together with grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation input to maximise your exam performance
- an overview of the format and requirements of each of the IELTS papers
- coaching in IELTS exam strategies to help maximise your scores
- the opportunity to take IELTS practice tests and receive detailed feedback to help you work towards your target score
- access to additional study materials on our virtual learning environment, which will extend and enhance your learning experience
Suitability - Who should attend?
Module A is aimed at students with a minimum English level of B1 and has been specifically designed for those wishing to combine academic study with work.
While no guarantee can be provided regarding the IELTS level achieved on completion of training, our aim is for the majority of students who attend all classes, complete all work and respond positively and proactively to feedback to improve by 0.5 by the end of the course.
This course is timed so that students who complete IELTS Preparation Course Module A with an IELTS score of 5 will be able to progress immediately to the higher-level Module B in January 2019.
Training Course Content
The course costs £880 and includes:
- 48 hours’ face-to-face tuition
- access to online learning materials via our virtual learning environment
- the IELTS exam on 1 December 2018
- two IELTS textbooks – Cambridge Grammar for IELTS and Ready for IELTS Coursebook (subject to change by tutor and availability)
As a student at the University of Westminster you will also have access to our facilities for the duration of the course (for example, the computer suites and library) and you will be invited to the many public lectures and other events for our students, staff and the wider community.
University of Westminster - Professional and short courses
Do you want to motivate your staff with continuing professional development (CPD) or bridge a skills gap? The University of Westminster has a long track record of working with organisations and individuals to develop their professional and personal skills. The...
Find out more about this IELTS Preparation Courses course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!