Free Online Course in Nutrition and Health - Level 2 Certificate - Study with vision2learn
Do you want to learn more about the impact that food has on health? Would a nutrition qualification help advance your skills and career? Consider this free level 2 qualification from vision2learn.
These course will teach ways in which a diet affects a person’s health, focusing on the five major food groups. Students will gain a practical insight into effective weight management and understand how you can put healthy eating advice into practice. Students will also explore how nutritional needs vary depending on age.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-Paced Online
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course leads to a Government funded nationally-accredited qualification. You can take this course free of charge if you meet the following criteria:
- You are aged 19 or older.
- You currently live in an eligible English postcode area .
- You have been an EU resident for the past three years.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
If you successfully complete this course, you will earn a Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Nutrition and Health.
Why study this course with vision2learn?
It’s completely free for eligible learners.
100% online course – you can study from wherever you are, without having to travel to study.
Earn a vocational qualification valued by UK employers.
Personal support from a dedicated tutor throughout your course.
Free additional online and telephone customer support.
Training Course Content
Study this course 100% online. Students will complete six end of unit assessments.
- Diet and health
- Components of a healthy diet
- Healthy food preparation.
- Nutritional needs of children and young people
- Nutritional needs of older people
- Special dietary requirements
- Barriers to healthy eating.
- Understanding food labelling
- Understanding food additives
- Applying principles of healthy eating.
- Risks associated with ineffective weight management
- Body image and weight management
- Planning a short-term weight management programme.
- Different eating disorders
- Causes of eating disorders
- How eating disorders affect the individual and others
- Managing eating disorders
- Handling food safely
- Personal hygiene when handling food
- Storing food safely
- Effect of food storage on nutritional value
- Keeping food work area clean
- Checking food is cooked to the correct temperature
- Disposing of food waste safely.
Why choose vision2learn
99% would recommend to a friend
Over 30,000 learners find success with vision2learn each year
One-to-one personalised tutor support throughout your course
Average rating 5
What a lovely course! So much to learn from it! And you get a certificate too! The staff is very helpful and is so easy to do the assessments.
I started this course earlier this year, and I recently passed. This course was very informative and intelligently written with other sources of information to help you to und...
I enjoyed the whole course. It was easy to understand and navigate, and I found the learner handbook and recommended websites very helpful. I liked doing my diet sheets, plann...
This course is free of charge to residents of England, age 19 or older, who have been living in an eligible English postcode area and have been EU residents for the last three years.
Note: places are limited