Advanced Cooking Techniques for the Home
Develop your dinner party finesse by using everyday ingredients and advanced cooking techniques. You'll be working with fish, meat and poultry to create exciting and delicious dishes and learn how to make everyday ingredients into something special.
Turn everyday family desserts into single serve dinner party showpieces and develop basic techniques to make sure your vegetables are always cooked to perfection.
Suitability - Who should attend?
There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
Training Course Content
Combine your culinary love with advanced cooking skills on this course. You'll develop techniques for creating exciting dishes and experiment with new ingredients.
- Theory - Quick introductory discussion of previous experience and discussion of available items to make your everyday items more interesting
- Cooking - Focusing on side dishes: cooking of vegetables (broccoli, fine beans, corn on the cob and more) and potatoes other than mash. Boning chicken legs for different presentations.
Making chicken breasts more exciting
- Theory - Spices can always help, but there are many other ways to jazz up a humble chicken.
- Cooking - Chicken supreme (boned wing) stuffed with black pudding mousseline, with broccoli florets, carrot puree and sautéed new potatoes.
Techniques for cooking meat
- Theory - How to utilise different cuts of meat in various cooking methods.
- Cooking - Pork three ways; braised pork shoulder, pan-seared pork chop, BBQ ribs with apple rosti potatoes, beetroot confit and Spinach.
How to deal with whole fish and Seafood
- Theory - Cleaning and filleting whole fish and using the carcass to produce a sauce.
- Cooking - A filet of pan-fried trout and a filet of poached balloting trout with pickles, buttered fine beans, and sweet potato puree.
- Theory – How can you take the standard family dessert into a single portion?
- Cooking – Sweet paste, tart cases, chocolate ganache, apple pie, apple crumble, sticky toffee pudding, toffee sauced apple, liquorice poached pear, ice cream, pear tart and more
You will also learn about health and safety in the kitchen.
We have a great range of courses to help you get qualified, enhance your career prospects and enjoy some me time. All of our part-time courses can be viewed online and new courses are introduced throughout the year.
West Herts College
Our Achievements Here at West Herts College student success is our greatest achievement and listening to our students keeps us moving forward and focused on what matters most. Our students tell us: 91% of students are happy with the LRC...
Find out more about this Advanced Cooking Techniques for the Home course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!