Interior Design - Beginners
An inspiring course, ideal for anyone with an interest in interior design. Do you have a room at home that you need some motivation to get started on or is it lacking something? This course will encourage you to let your creative side out and learn some design tricks along the way! By the end of the course you will have completely redesigned a new room scheme.
Suitability - Who should attend?
There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
Our part-time provision is designed primarily for adult students, aged 19 and over. Students aged 16 to 18 may be allowed to enrol on the course at the discretion of the Head of Admissions and Head of School
Training Course Content
During the course you will learn to:
- Create an inspiration board using ideas for colours, textures, patterns, furnishings and accessories.
- Measure and record room sizes accurately.
- Use scale 1:20 to draw floor plans (technical drawing techniques will be used but these can be adapted to suit various abilities). This will allow you to plan appropriate furnishings, understand the requirements for positioning and proportions to suit the room.
- Plan a suitable electric and lighting scheme.
- Generate a design board which will show the actual pieces of furniture you have chosen to use in the end design scheme.
- Find out about working in the interior design profession
You can progress to the Interior Design Intermediate course or to a qualification course in Interior Design.
West Herts College
Here at West Herts College, we’re committed to lifelong learning. We have a great range of courses to help you get qualified, boost your prospects or enjoy some leisure time. You’ll have access to our professional facilities, plus all the...
Find out more about this Interior Design - Beginners course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!