IT Essentials 1 (A+) PC Hardware & Software Level 2
This predominantly practical course builds the skills you need to repair, configure and upgrade personal computers. On completion you will be able to sit the CompTIA A+ exam, recognised by employers nationwide. As West Herts College is a CompTIA academy, you will study the latest syllabus needed to be successful in the A+ exam. It also builds theoretical and practical knowledge in networking in order to progress to advanced courses such as Cisco CCNA, which is studied as part of the Cisco Networking Academy.
Suitability - Who should attend?
All students enrolled on this course are required to have intermediate computer skills.
Training Course Content
During the course you will be learning skills in:
- Installing hardware and software
- Identify faults with POST diagnostics
- Configure CMOS
- Trouble shooting CMOS problems
- Working with DOS commands
- Create and maintain system files
- Speed up disk using Defragmentation and Disk caching
- Recover lost files and directories
- Detect, treat and protect virus infection
- Diagnosing used and free Interrupt
- Installing operating systems
- Add and remove software and hardware
- Setting up a network
- Install application via network share
- Mapping network drive
Employment opportunities exist as computer technicians or as helpdesk support staff.
West Herts College
Here at West Herts College, we’re committed to lifelong learning. We have a great range of courses to help you get qualified, boost your prospects or enjoy some leisure time. You’ll have access to our professional facilities, plus all the...
Find out more about this IT Essentials 1 (A+) PC Hardware & Software Level 2 course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!