Level 3 Website Software
Suitability - Who should attend?
Candidates should have intermediate computer skills, be familiar with internet use and preferably have completed our Level 2 Intermediate Web Design.
Training Course Content
Topics include setting up a testing server, learning the PHP language and creating a MySQL database. Also covered is use of phpMyAdmin, authenticating users, adding, deleting, updating records and searching databases.
This course will be structured as follows:
- Session 1 - Revise Dreamweaver. Mark up languages and creating sites using web standards
- Session 2 - Using CSS and different browsers - using Server Side Includes (SSI)
- Session 4 - Frames - conventional frames and use of iframes
- Session 5 - Introduction to ASP, PHP and MySQL and testing servers
- Session 6 - Using DW to create dynamic pages and create forms
- Session 7 - Creating an MySQL database
- Session 8 - Using Dreamweaver server behaviours with MySQL
- Session 9 - Using Dreamweaver for adding, editing and deleting records
- Session 10 - Searching databases - images - assignment criteria
- Session 11 - Passing information - using forms - assignment practice
- Session 12 - Database interaction and frames - assignment practice
- Session 13 - Revision and Assignment Part 1
- Session 14 - Revision and Assignment Part 2
- Session 15 - Revision and Assignment Part 3
Many students have set themselves up in business as either full-time or part-time web designers. Many are involved with web technology as part of their work and this course gives you a good grounding in the necessary skills.
Completion of the course leads to a Level 3 City and Guilds Certificate.
West Herts College
Here at West Herts College, we’re committed to lifelong learning. We have a great range of courses to help you get qualified, boost your prospects or enjoy some leisure time. You’ll have access to our professional facilities, plus all the...
Find out more about this Level 3 Website Software course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!