Optimize your multi-tasking by learning piano
Learning a musical instrument and excelling in it is a common factor for many successful individuals: Richard Nixon, Dwight D. Eisenhower, Vladimir Putin, Condeliza Rice, Grant Hill (basketball player), Gary Barlow, Clint Eastwood, Sean Hayes, Hugh Laurie, Hugh Jackman, Sandra Bullock, Guy Pearce, Elijah Wood…
The reason behind it: it encourages us to solve problems on the go. And not just one, many of them.
Music never stops, it is a stream of information that makes sense only when it remains uninterrupted.
At WKMT, we will teach you the basics and fundamentals of piano performance strengthening those skills that help you dealing with your professional challenges:
3. Problem-solving / Improvisation
Re-bump your professional skills by developing your intellect in a revolutionary way. Discover your taste for music and high art and raise your attention to detail.
Upcoming start dates
Contact WKMT for details.
Inquire for more information
- Self-Paced Online
Suitability - Who should attend?
Individuals looking to develop their intellectual skills in a revolutionary and enjoyable way
Outcome / Qualification etc.
International board or organization's diploma
Training Course Content
Objectives for the first three levels
- To develop a good understanding of main musical concepts through performing selected piano pieces
- To develop the habit of practising on a daily basis
- To develop good piano-posture following the basics of relaxation and breathing management
- To develop a solid piano technique which can provide the grounds for artistic development.
- To start developing a deep understanding of musical language and musical expression through piano performance
- To start understanding how analytic-memory works
- To develop the skill of performing with an audience
- To develop the skill of performing da capo a fine
- To develop a collection of skills necessary to face the challenges proposed by relevant musical scores
- To start understanding how to use the piano pedals correctly
- To acquire the technical awareness necessary to perform the pieces of each level at the right speed
Pre - Grade - Level 1Instrumental skills to develop
- Lateral awareness
- Breathing (phrasing)
- Posture: distance to the keyboard, height and weight
- Hand positioning
Minimum skills to be developed
- Articulations: legato, staccato
- Touch sensitivity.
- Main Chords
- Hand repositioning
- Understanding of the weight required on the keyboard
Simple reading skills to develop
- Keyboard awareness
- Awareness of high and low pitches
- Note names
- Imitation of the teacher’s performance
- Location of middle C
- Treble and bass clef
- Note motion: Step, skips and leaps.
- Slurs and ties
- Chords (C, G, F, etc.)
- Time signatures 2/4, ¾ and 4/4
- Major scale
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
KENSINGTON from £37.90 to £61.50 per hour
CAMBERWELL from £29.10 to £50 per hour
The course is designed to offer the chance to continue developing your skills through different levels.