The certificate in Healthcare Support Services qualification is recognised by the NHS, Europe's largest employer. The Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship is for 18-24 months and is ideal if you are working in healthcare and have a great deal of technical skills and knowledge. You work with minimum supervision and have a good record of safety, fault correction and ensuring that work meets the required standard. Support workers tend to have delegated responsibility for a range of tasks, which enables the Health Professionals (e.g. nurses, doctors, allied health professionals) and the wider healthcare team to fulfill their own roles more effectively. These are rewarding support roles with a direct impact on patient experience. They also offer an ideal entry route to a wide range of NHS careers.
Healthcare Support Services play a vital part in the smooth running of healthcare services and include roles such as Medical records team leader/supervisor, Senior porter, Senior housekeeper, HSDU technician.
- Engage in personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Promote communication in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Promote equality and inclusion in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Promote and implement health and safety in health and social care
- The role of the health and social care worker.
- Collection of used equipment
- Sort used equipment and dispose of waste
- Understand the process and experience of dementia
- The principles of infection prevention and control
- Plan, allocate and monitor work of a team
- Contribute to effective multidisciplinary team working
- Control the use of physical resources in a health setting
- Conduct routine maintenance on clinical equipment
- Monitor and solve customer service problems
In additional, you will complete:
- City & Guilds Level 2 Award in Employment and Personal Learning Skills in Healthcare support
- Personal learning and thinking skills
- Mathematics Functional Skills Level 2
- English Functional Skills Level 2
- Employment rights and responsibilities.
Suitability - Who should attend?
For the Advanced Apprenticeship programme, you should be 16 years or older, working at least 30 hours per week in a health and social care setting. Previous qualifications in care are not required but you will need to have basic literacy and numeracy ( Level 1 or above). Before commencing the apprenticeship, it will be necessary to undertake a criminal record check through the Disclosure and Barring Service as you may be working with children, young people and/or vulnerable adults.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Advanced Apprenticeship at Level 3
West Thames College Apprenticeships
Responsive - They are one of London's most innovative and responsive apprenticeship providers offering professional programmes in: Business ICT Accountancy Leadership & Management Health & Care Construction Catering Hair Beauty Motor Vehicle Logistics Automotive Clay Modelling. Innovative - Over the...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!