This course is for young people aged 16-18 who want to work in a health and social care setting.
It will enable you to develop skills in caring within the health and social care sector, including communication, individual rights and individual needs, cultural diversity, anatomy and physiology and human lifespan development. Work experience forms a mandatory part of the course.
You will study the following core and mandatory units:
- Human lifespan development
- Health and social care values
- Effective communication in health and social care
- Equality and diversity in health and social care
- Individual rights in health and social care
- Healthy living
- Carrying out a research project in health and social care.
Optional units may include:
- Human body systems and care of disorders
- Vocational experience
- Creative and therapeutic activities in health and social care
- Social influences on health and wellbeing
- The impact of nutrition on health and wellbeing.
Work experience is a mandatory part of your course.
Suitability - Who should attend?
2 or more GCSEs at grade D / grade 3 or above including English language or Level 1 Functional Skills English, or successful completion of a Foundation Level course with functional skills in English and maths. You will need a good reference. All students must undertake work experience in a care/childcare setting as part of this course. Work placement settings require students to obtain a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) enhanced check to demonstrate that they are suitable to work with vulnerable people and/or children.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Nationally recognised qualification
West Thames College Apprenticeships
Responsive - They are one of London's most innovative and responsive apprenticeship providers offering professional programmes in: Business ICT Accountancy Leadership & Management Health & Care Construction Catering Hair Beauty Motor Vehicle Logistics Automotive Clay Modelling. Innovative - Over the...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!