Human Resource Management MA - full-time postgraduate programme in London - 1 year
This HR Management MA programme enables candidates to build an understanding of the strategic role of Human Resource Management (HRM) , and gives them the knowledge to shape and implement a strategic vision in their organisations.
The programme covers relevant and challenging training modules and extensive options to enable participants to develop in their HR professional and advisory roles.
This postgraduate degree course develops your understanding of the theory and practice of HRM, providing a professionally-focused and research-informed blend of academic and practical information. Encouraging critical reflection on current HRM approaches, it allows you to develop the transferable skills you need to operate effectively in an HR management role, including analysis, evaluation and teamwork.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This programme is aimed at graduates intending to work in HR, as well as those already working in the field and wanting to advance their careers.
To apply for the programme, delegates will need one of the following:
- A 2:2 undergraduate degree awarded by a UK university (or overseas equivalent); or
- Certificated learning and the ability to demonstrate that you are able to study effectively at Masters level; or
- A significant amount of relevant working experience and the ability to demonstrate that you are able to study effectively at Masters level.
You might be requested to attend an interview or submit a 1,000 word essay on a selected aspect of human resource management. If English is not your native language, you will need an overall IELTS score of at least 6.5 with a minimum 6.0 score in each component.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Westminster Business School is designated a Centre of Excellence by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD). The course has been approved by the CIPD as meeting the 'Knowledge Criteria' for Chartered Membership.
Training Course Content
The following modules are indicative of what you will study on this course:
- HRM in a Business Context
- Managing Human Resources
- Research Methods for Project Preparation
- Skills for the Manager/Consultant
- Employee Relations
- Learning and Development
- Organisational Analysis, Design and Development
- People Resourcing
- Reward Management
- Assessment and Individual Differences at work
- Contemporary Issues in Strategic HRM
- Designing and Delivering Training
- Employment Law for HR Practitioners
- International HRM
- Management Development
- Managing Culture and Change
- Managing Diversity and Equality in Employment
Westminster Business School is one of London’s leading centres for business education based in the heart of London and its political, media and financial services scene. The School has a large and diverse academic body with extensive business, consultancy and...
Average rating 5Based on 2 reviews
Find out more about this Human Resource Management MA course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!