Postgraduate Certificate in Management - part-time study at Westminster Business School in London
Delivered by part-time day or evening release, the Postgraduate Certificate in Management is designed to promote the development of the general management skills and abilities required in a rapidly changing economic environment.
The programme aims to deliver the foundational knowledge needed to operate effectively in a managerial or supervisory role, developing your abilities in three core areas:
- Proactive thinking
The highly practical course provides the opportunity to gain immediately applicable skills and managerial awareness, while also exploring different organisational processes and practices via case studies and interaction with peers.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for delegates with an interest in business and management who hold a relevant Bachelor-level degree.
Graduates from this programme can occupy a variety of roles in both multinational organisations and SMEs, specialising in a range of business activities, including financial services, operations, human resources, sales and marketing.
Training Course Content
Candidates will need to complete three of the following modules:
Analysis of the Business Environment
- The main features of the economic and financial environment of the firm,
- Common analytical tools: quantitative skills relevant to managerial decision making.
Financial Analysis for Managers
- Interpretation of corporate financial reports
- Using financial techniques and concepts in business decision making
Human Resource Management
- The abilities to carry out the Human Resource Management (HRM) element of your role
- Different approaches to the management of human resources and the implications for organisational success.
Managing Operations, Information and Knowledge
- Running the organisation more effectively and efficiently
- Exploiting internal and external information.
Marketing for Managers
- The knowledge, theory and practice of marketing as applied by managers in organisational situations
- Effective market-oriented managerial thinking.
Managers and Organisations
Westminster Business School is one of London’s leading centres for business education based in the heart of London and its political, media and financial services scene. The School has a large and diverse academic body with extensive business, consultancy and...
Find out more about this Postgraduate Certificate in Management course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!