Painter and Decorator Apprenticeship (Level 2)Wiltshire College & University Centre
Painter and Decorator Apprenticeship (Level 2)
Being a Painter and Decorator is a very skilled profession, with jobs available across the country, and indeed the world, for experienced and qualified individuals.You could find yourself working on domestic projects such as redecorating a family home, or even on large commercial projects such as developing hospitals, retail centres or housing developments.This apprenticeship is aimed at someone working on a construction site or in domestic and commercial premises, to given specifications, preparing background surfaces for painting and applying paint by brush and roller. Hanging standard wall coverings depending upon ability and the company training.
Suitability - Who should attend?
- Applicants are required to have a minimum of 4 GCSEs at grade D or above (or equivalent) including Maths and English (or Functional Skills level 1 in Maths and English) in order to start an apprenticeship in this area.
- All applicants will be required to complete initial assessments in Maths and English, depending on the framework applied for, ICT may also be required.
Training Course Content
An intermediate apprenticeship in Painting and Decorating can include studying units such as:
- Erecting and dismantling access and working platforms
- Preparing surfaces
- Applying paint by brush and roller
- Handing paper wall coverings
- Hanging wide width vinyl’s
- Installing coving, centre pieces and texture products
- Storing resources and equipment safely
Wiltshire College & University Centre
Wiltshire College & University Centre is the main provider of further and higher education in Wiltshire and is fast on its way to becoming outstanding having achieved a good Ofsted grade in June 2018. Based across four main campuses, Wiltshire...
Find out more about this Painter and Decorator Apprenticeship (Level 2) course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.