Alumina Processing FundamentalsWorley Academy
Alumina Processing Fundamentals
Engagement in this course will enable plant process personnel to make better and timelier process decisions, leading to reduced production loss opportunities and reduced material consumptions.
Our global expert will provide a processing overview for technical and production personnel involved in running and optimizing the processing functions in an alumina refinery.
The course aims to provide participants with an understanding of materials used in the Bayer process, Bayer process chemistry, typical Bayer process unit operations and their impacts, appreciation of key product quality parameters and their impact on downstream smelting operations.
Suitability - Who should attend?
The course is aimed at refinery personnel who are unfamiliar with the fundamentals of the Bayer Process. It is recommended for junior process engineers and supervisors, with little or no alumina refinery experience.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Participants will learn how to:
- Develop an understanding of Bayer Process fundamental chemistry and its creation
- Develop an understanding of common unit operations in Bayer plants
- Develop an understanding of how operating practices impact on Bayer plant performance
- Develop an appreciation of how product alumina quality variations impact on downstream smelter performance
Upon completion, you will receive a WorleyParsons Academy Certificate Of Attendance.
Training Course Content
- Birth of the Bayer Process (history)
- Bauxite to Alumina Processing Overview
- Bauxite Minerals and their Impacts
- Plant Liquor Chemistry Basics
- Digestion – Alumina Extraction
- Clarification – Residue Separation
- Classification and Filtration
- Impurity Management
- Water Management
- Product Quality
- Cleaning Practices
- What is Alumina?
- Bayer Process Fundamentals
- Key Cost Drivers
- Bauxite Processing Functions
- Bauxite Key Parameter Impacts
- Residue Processing
- Hydrate Production
- Energy Processes
- Water Balance
- Common Process Calculations
Why choose Worley Academy
Over 90 instructors and 200 courses
Access to benchmarked data
Instructors with current practical operational or asset delivery experience
We want to help our clients empower their people, maximizing professional capabilities to sustain asset integrity and growth. The Academy’s offerings will create a learning experience that will engage, inspire and empower learners to transfer their knowledge back into the...
Find out more about this Alumina Processing Fundamentals course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!